kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
It is likely the WPN8 recall update that appears to be PCM bug fixes like the black spinning cursor of death and navigation hang ups. There are lots of threads elsewhere about the details.

I booked my Taycan in to RPG Reading for this and the APB2 HV battery seal recall yesterday and was given a date towards the end of January as the first possible date with replacement transport for this 2 day session (assuming it doesn’t actually need a replacement HV battery). Seems like neither are safety critical And I guess PRG Reading are kind of busy in the service department right now.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Taycan RE-CALL IMG_0044

I was waiting until I got the UK version of “free HV heater replacement” our cousins over the pond are getting.

Then I could call ‘bingo’ 🎫

….still 2 out of 3 ain’t bad 🤣

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi All
I have just had my safety recall undertaken for my HV battery seal issues.
It seems that the inspection went well with no need to replace any of batteries.
However I am getting a little worried on how many recalls were staring to see coming thru the pipeline.
Regarding the PCM update the dealer stated that they were not aware of any further recalls at this time.
Nonetheless since my battery check yesterday I am now getting several warning messages from a) collision warning system not functioning b) camera system sensor compromised c) bad visibility warning system malfunction etc, etc?
in addition to this the aircon control system has faults when you adjust the air vent controls the LH side affects the RH side and vice versa.
This is a great car to drive however between price, depreciation and now ownership .
my time is precious as I am sure many others are on this forum.
If we continue getting recall notices I think I will consider sending Porsche invoices for my labour trips to and from garage.
This was Porsche no.6 and serious I think perhaps my last.Good to hear if any members have had similar issues and thought so?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Hi All
It seems that the inspection went well with no need to replace any of batteries.
However I am getting a little worried on how many recalls were staring to see coming thru the pipeline.
Regarding the PCM update the dealer stated that they were not aware of any further recalls at this time.
Nonetheless since my battery check yesterday I am now getting several warning messages from a) collision warning system not functioning b) camera system sensor compromised c) bad visibility warning system malfunction etc, etc?
in addition to this the aircon control system has faults when you adjust the air vent controls the LH side affects the RH side and vice versa.
This is a great car to drive however between price, depreciation and now ownership .
If we continue getting recall notices I think I will consider sending Porsche invoices for my labour trips to and from garage.
This was Porsche no.6 and serious I think perhaps my last.Good to hear if any members have had similar issues and thought so?
I understand the issue of spending time getting these recalls applied but I am thrilled that these recalls are happening to make our cars better. Doing them (what are there maybe 2 or 3 right now?) all at the same time should mean a single trip to the dealership (unless HV battery fails the test). I don't understand why the recalls would be worrying at all considering that is the customer expectation for improving a vehicle over time.

I have no idea why you are getting all those errors after the battery check. That sucks and I would be upset with my dealership. Have you reached out to them about it yet?

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag
Hi All
There is a recall for 22k taycans from 2020to 2023 for pcm / blue spinning wheel and pcm going blank on the screens. Had my done this Monday on my 2023 ct4s

the_abbot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (2021)
Country flag
Hi All
Hi all,

I'm also getting these waning messages pinging up every now and again. On top of that, I'm having a

"Electrical system fault: Vehicle traction standby required for electrical supply. Park vehicle in a safe place". fault and finally the Climate Control isn't working (constantly blowing cold air).

I assume the faults are all software glitches, as they reset after selecting "Park" and then driving again. The Climate Control issue has apparently happened to others as well, so may be a known issue.

This is all on a 21 plate in the UK.

Good luck and let's hope a software update/refresh stops the faults.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Interestingly I’ve just got the WPN8 PCM recall come up on my less than 1 month old MY24 GTS ST.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Interestingly I’ve just got the WPN8 PCM recall come up on my less than 1 month old MY24 GTS ST.
Same foe me, just waiting for Preston Porsche to confirm booking. Online app gives 1.5hr time slot - gives me a bit of coffee time and chance to look around the dealership owners collection of 911’s…………

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There is a recall for 22k taycans from 2020to 2023 for pcm / blue spinning wheel and pcm going blank on the screens. Had my done this Monday on my 2023 ct4s
How long did it take?
Maybe useful for others booking cars in now.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all,

I'm also getting these waning messages pinging up every now and again. On top of that, I'm having a

"Electrical system fault: Vehicle traction standby required for electrical supply. Park vehicle in a safe place". fault and finally the Climate Control isn't working (constantly blowing cold air).

I assume the faults are all software glitches, as they reset after selecting "Park" and then driving again. The Climate Control issue has apparently happened to others as well, so may be a known issue.

This is all on a 21 plate in the UK.

Good luck and let's hope a software update/refresh stops the faults.
More or less guarantee that you need a new heater.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Took About 1 . 5 hours . I left car there and they gave me a loner car. I was the first recall they did. So far it is working properly.
Mad that I've some dealers saying they need the car for 2 days...and yours is the first one they do and it only takes 1.5 hours.
Sponsored