BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I have ghost 2 fitted to our ct4 and will do same for my GTS. Fitted well and very discreetly that no one will know it’s been fitted. Not had any issues with it or the car with it. I know in the early days someone had an issue when they performed an update at dealership with it but I left my fob in the car when it went for update so it unlocked itself so no issues
Hi

Did Porsche say anything about warranty impact of having ghost fitted? Any idea if it will happily run in conjunction with PVTS too?

I'm mostly considering it for my Range Rover as they continue to be stolen like hot cakes in London (everywhere?). However, I'd feel a right idiot if I had better security on the less valuable car and my Taycan got stolen!!
Sponsored

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
My personal take.

Had Ghost in both my Mrs and my previous cars. Currently have it on the Mrs car not on my Taycan. Installer done a few pre update. Didn't recommend it at the time. Dash sometimes would light up like a xmas tree. Took out Ghost everything back to normal. Not sure if anything has changed as this was around a year ago. Both the dealers and my installer say Ghost "can" void warranty. However last year I've sold 2 cars both had Ghost on them. One was to the main dealer where I sent my installer to the dealership to remove the Ghost and the other to a senior buyer at Sytner where they took the car away with ghost still in place. Make that of what you will.

PVTS+

Mrs Gen 3 Macan with older version of PVTS with the flat square fob is rubbish. Get the notification in the car if you forget fob. Car could be the other side of the country before you get a phone call

My Taycan with the newer odd shaped fob. Can't really have any complaints at the moment. Get called pretty quickly if the car moves without a fob. Only had a few false alarms such as recently when they told me the battery in the fob was probably low. When I had my car transported to the detailers I got a call even though I had left the fob in the car. They were asking why the car was moving even though it wasn't on.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I had my car transported to the detailers I got a call even though I had left the fob in the car. They were asking why the car was moving even though it wasn't on.
That's quite good service.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My personal take.

Had Ghost in both my Mrs and my previous cars. Currently have it on the Mrs car not on my Taycan. Installer done a few pre update. Didn't recommend it at the time. Dash sometimes would light up like a xmas tree. Took out Ghost everything back to normal. Not sure if anything has changed as this was around a year ago. Both the dealers and my installer say Ghost "can" void warranty. However last year I've sold 2 cars both had Ghost on them. One was to the main dealer where I sent my installer to the dealership to remove the Ghost and the other to a senior buyer at Sytner where they took the car away with ghost still in place. Make that of what you will.

PVTS+

Mrs Gen 3 Macan with older version of PVTS with the flat square fob is rubbish. Get the notification in the car if you forget fob. Car could be the other side of the country before you get a phone call

My Taycan with the newer odd shaped fob. Can't really have any complaints at the moment. Get called pretty quickly if the car moves without a fob. Only had a few false alarms such as recently when they told me the battery in the fob was probably low. When I had my car transported to the detailers I got a call even though I had left the fob in the car. They were asking why the car was moving even though it wasn't on.
Thanks Who did you get to install it?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi

Did Porsche say anything about warranty impact of having ghost fitted? Any idea if it will happily run in conjunction with PVTS too?

I'm mostly considering it for my Range Rover as they continue to be stolen like hot cakes in London (everywhere?). However, I'd feel a right idiot if I had better security on the less valuable car and my Taycan got stolen!!
my CT4 has it and Hatfield didn’t say anything. In fact neither did Silverstone. I leave the Bluetooth fob in the car when it goes to the dealership so they don’t need to enter codes and I don’t need to put it into valet mode.

it did use to cause issues as @MTGBUK said but they had sorted that out before I fitted mine. I am awaiting fitting it in my GTS especially as it has comfort access working despite me not spec’ing it or adding it vid FOD (glitch for late December and early Jan cars from what I understand). Just waiting for my local fitter to get free to do it.

As a side note it is also worth noting that if the key isn’t in the car it does flash up a warning so that is also there. Doesn’t help if key is cloned but ghost for sure will. I don’t have Porsche tracking as I don’t mind not knowing where my car is as I know it won’t move without my code. A little white lie though as I have an AirTag on a spare set of work keys in there so I always know where it is and keys aren’t in a conventional place

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

I read somewhere that Taycans typically aren't a target but RRs are still a big problem particularly in London - same article quoted premiums on a RR have risen to £4K (!!) and quotes are now being declined - much more than the same cover for a Bentayga and significantly more than a Taycan.

PVTS+ should be good for most I would have thought and is an integral part of the PCM.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
RRs are still a big problem particularly in London
Yes, JLR products are always at or near the top. They seem to disappear in a wave, targeted by a gang no doubt. Most disappear with or without trackers.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read somewhere that Taycans typically aren't a target but RRs are still a big problem particularly in London - same article quoted premiums on a RR have risen to £4K (!!) and quotes are now being declined - much more than the same cover for a Bentayga and significantly more than a Taycan.

PVTS+ should be good for most I would have thought and is an integral part of the PCM.
Yep, the broker who insures my Taycan was quite surprised that Direct Line hadn't hiked my renewal fro the RR. Didn't bother shopping around for that one!

As for the porsche system, I read somewhere that it could also be used (via porsche/vodaphone) to remotely immobilise the car. Wasn't entirely sure that was right, but hopefully it is.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep, the broker who insures my Taycan was quite surprised that Direct Line hadn't hiked my renewal fro the RR. Didn't bother shopping around for that one!

As for the porsche system, I read somewhere that it could also be used (via porsche/vodaphone) to remotely immobilise the car. Wasn't entirely sure that was right, but hopefully it is.
PVTS+ is operated by Vodafone.

The app provides a lot of control.

In the event of a theft and on the authority from the Police can remotely fully disable and immobilise the car.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PVTS+ is operated by Vodafone.

The app provides a lot of control.

In the event of a theft and on the authority from the Police can remotely fully disable and immobilise the car.
Good.

I wonder if that means i can tell insurer it has an immobiliser as well as a tracker.

Anyway, a nice man just arrived and is fitting a ghost on the RR as I type, which was quick! Just got to break the news to HID about the faffing she's going to have to get use to to start her car now!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good.

I wonder if that means i can tell insurer it has an immobiliser as well as a tracker.

Anyway, a nice man just arrived and is fitting a ghost on the RR as I type, which was quick! Just got to break the news to HID about the faffing she's going to have to get use to to start her car now!
When you subscribe you get access to an Insurance note to give to your insurer detailing the service.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you subscribe you get access to an Insurance note to give to your insurer detailing the service.
Thanks. The nice man mentioned that.
Sponsored