Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
1600791990342.jpeg
1600792021472.jpeg
1600792067266.jpeg

Ordered these from the dealer V.S. SunCoastParts as I like these (Turbo Aero) wheels. SunCoast does not list these on their website. Tires are new (I was told) Good Year Porsche spec tires.
I see you are in Minneapolis, as am I. I’m hoping my all weather tires on the same wheels will work, especially since will be doing mainly urban driving. All weather tires seemed to work on my 2017 Panamera 4S. Guess I’ll see, right now, maybe I’m just being cheap.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
What's the cost? It would be nice to order a complete package with TPS ready to bolt on. I've got those wheels with summer tires and need to get snows before I get caught out. Tire Rack has those Goodyear tires as well as Pirelli and Nokian makes the correct 20" size. Wheels may be hard to find or really expensive!

OP
OP

Poluski

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
What's the cost? It would be nice to order a complete package with TPS ready to bolt on. I've got those wheels with summer tires and need to get snows before I get caught out. Tire Rack has those Goodyear tires as well as Pirelli and Nokian makes the correct 20" size. Wheels may be hard to find or really expensive!
if you look at Suncoastparts.com you will see that all of their winter tire packages are north of $5.7k

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any thoughts from fellow owners on how the "all season" 21" tires will handle snow? In particular, what is the snow depth at which driving is no longer an option?

I've never had this combination of a heavy car (~4800 pounds), 4 wheel drive, and such wide wheels before, so I'm interested in seeing how the Taycan handles snow.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I dont think we need winter wheels in the UK, hardly any snow here for the past 2/3 years - the car is 4wd anyway...correct me if I am wrong?

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I dont think we need winter wheels in the UK, hardly any snow here for the past 2/3 years - the car is 4wd anyway...correct me if I am wrong?
Winter tyres are way more important than 4WD, which helps you go when there's limited traction but does nothing to help you stop.

When the temp is below 8 deg C (from memory) you should switch to winters. In the UK it is obviously not as important as Norway or NE USA, but it is definitely a good idea, and it does snow at least a bit in the UK and then society collapses - except for people with proper tyres who carry on as usual.

There is not a lot of downside if you're keeping the car for a few years. You're not wearing your summer tyres while on winters so they both last twice as long.

edit to add: I never had winter tyres back in the UK but having had them for a few years here in Switzerland I definitely would if I moved back.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Any thoughts from fellow owners on how the "all season" 21" tires will handle snow? In particular, what is the snow depth at which driving is no longer an option?

I've never had this combination of a heavy car (~4800 pounds), 4 wheel drive, and such wide wheels before, so I'm interested in seeing how the Taycan handles snow.
I would not rely on the all seasons for the snow, especially the 21" tires. As mentioned above, winter tires are more important than all wheel drive. All wheel drive will do nothing to stop the car. When I lived in the Northeast almost all of my 4 season cars including my SUVs have dedicated winter tires. My daily driver before the Taycan was a Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 (all wheel drive with all seasons). It was a handful to drive in the snow or slush with the wide all seasons. Fortunately, the Taycan is in Georgia, so no need for winter tires.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Winter tyres are way more important than 4WD, which helps you go when there's limited traction but does nothing to help you stop.

When the temp is below 8 deg C (from memory) you should switch to winters. In the UK it is obviously not as important as Norway or NE USA, but it is definitely a good idea, and it does snow at least a bit in the UK and then society collapses - except for people with proper tyres who carry on as usual.

There is not a lot of downside if you're keeping the car for a few years. You're not wearing your summer tyres while on winters so they both last twice as long.

edit to add: I never had winter tyres back in the UK but having had them for a few years here in Switzerland I definitely would if I moved back.
Absolutely agree with above. The main difference between summer and winter tires is in the compound, not simply the tread pattern or size. Summer tires will be the best in warm conditions, but they will be like rocks and will have bad traction in cold conditions. If you are driving with summer tires in the very cold temperatures, be very careful and give yourself plenty of room. If you're on all-seasons, you're fine. Some people just don't understand that AWD doesn't change stopping distances or cornering speeds.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I've been waiting for TireRack to list Winter/Tire wheel packages for the Taycan. I really don't want to put an expensive set of Porsche rims on the car only to be beat up during the winter... (Plus, its significantly cheaper to get them elsewhere...)

So, TireRack (my favorite source) is not listing ANY Wheels for the Taycan... :(

But, it looks like DiscountTire has some interesting wheel options. They list several, but I think these would work well on my Turbo S. Unfortunately, they don't list a complete matching winter tire set to go with them! (For some reason, they only list the fronts...)

Then, if I go back to TireRack, I can get a matching set of Winter Tires (Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II).

So that's $4500 for the entire set of Winter Wheels/Tires but I would prefer to order the whole package from a single source so they can be pre-mounted/balanced and ready to bolt on.

I may end up ordering these separately and just have them mounted/balanced locally - but there are a few weeks left before having to make that decision...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
if you look at Suncoastparts.com you will see that all of their winter tire packages are north of $5.7k
...and, as they specifically note, that doesn't include the freight charge for the "special order" shipped from Germany.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag