dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Rear axle steering is a £1650 option in the UK but comes with Power Steering Plus - a must have option in my opinion at £203.

Is the rear axle steering worth the extra £1447 for a car that will be primarily be used as a family car around town and venturing out to the countryside or would that be better used elsewhere?

I’m currently in the queue for both a 4S CT and GTS ST.
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Rear axle steering is a £1650 option in the UK but comes with Power Steering Plus - a must have option in my opinion at £203.

Is the rear axle steering worth the extra £1447 for a car that will be primarily be used as a family car around town and venturing out to the countryside or would that be better used elsewhere?

I optioned rear axle steer as part of the performance package, and it's totally worth it. Yes there are performance driving benefits, but more important for your own needs, it gives me the tightest turning circle for a car its size that I've ever owned. Great for tight parking lots and U turns.

Fully recommend you option.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Yes, worth it… makes such a difference to around town driving, parking and spirited stints… have it on the 4S and it’s spec’d on the GTS ST! ??
I have ordered it on my 4S due to dealer anytime now as at the docks for me its a must after I drove my friends Taycan

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
I have ordered it on my 4S due to dealer anytime now as at the docks for me its a must after I drove my friends Taycan
Excellent, exciting times, you’ll love it! Porsche Preston will see you right! Enjoy…

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, worth it… makes such a difference to around town driving, parking and spirited stints… have it on the 4S and it’s spec’d on the GTS ST! ??
Sorry, I originally misread. I thought you meant RAS was standard on GTS.

Last edited:

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
This option is a must for anyone living in Europe. Tight parking lots are no longer difficult to tack. This is a big car, as big as a BMW X5.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

I have RAS and I’m not 100% convinced. I came from a Panamera ST which didn’t have it and is essentially the same dimensions as the Taycan and I honestly can’t say if it is worth it or not based on my experience as I can essentially manoeuvre in the same way as before (park a 5m car in an 8 m space between 2 concrete pillars). I actually wasn’t convinced that it had been installed as I’ve never seen the wheels turn (nor an external observer) so the angle of change is marginal (6 deg apparently) - I asked the dealer to check and they said it was but….

I would tick the box again - I feel it is worth it and enhances the handling for sure (psychologically I’ve convinced myself it has been installed and working) - it makes a lot of sense on paper. On UK roads - not sure but you might see the benefit in tight parking spaces for example - U-turns, less so but you should gain at least 12” in turning circle.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have RAS and I’m not 100% convinced. I came from a Panamera ST which didn’t have it and is essentially the same dimensions as the Taycan and I honestly can’t say if it is worth it or not based on my experience as I can essentially manoeuvre in the same way as before (park a 5m car in an 8 m space between 2 concrete pillars). I actually wasn’t convinced that it had been installed as I’ve never seen the wheels turn (nor an external observer) so the angle of change is marginal (6 deg apparently) - I asked the dealer to check and they said it was but….

I would tick the box again - I feel it is worth it and enhances the handling for sure (psychologically I’ve convinced myself it has been installed and working) - it makes a lot of sense on paper. On UK roads - not sure but you might see the benefit in tight parking spaces for example - U-turns, less so but you should gain at least 12” in turning circle.
i was watching a Matt Watson review of the EQS AMG and you could really see the rear wheels turn on that so it’s strange that it would be visually imperceptible on the Taycan. Appreciate different systems but still…

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
i was watching a Matt Watson review of the EQS AMG and you could really see the rear wheels turn on that so it’s strange that it would be visually imperceptible on the Taycan. Appreciate different systems but still…
I think the wheelbase is significantly longer, so to achieve a similar turning circle the eqs requires more of a perceptible turn.

However I think I remember reading that the Taycan with RWS has the same turning circle as the Eqs.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I think the wheelbase is significantly longer, so to achieve a similar turning circle the eqs requires more of a perceptible turn.

However I think I remember reading that the Taycan with RWS has the same turning circle as the Eqs.
I have RWS in mine btw. You can feel it and it makes the car way more agile. I have it on my aventador s as well but it is not as well calibrated. The Taycan setup is miles better

Last edited:
OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
No, I meant I’ve spec’d it on my GTS ST for next year!
I just think that car is amazing. It’s more than I want to spend but I’ve convinced myself it’s worth it. I think it will be a better investment than the 4S too.
Sponsored