First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I recently had a problem and wanted to share my experience of fixing it.
I bought a 2yo Taycan 4S that was most likely used as a demo car somewhere in Germany and imported to Norway.
A week ago I had the first service done at the local Porsche dealership and they notified me of two issues with my car.
One of them was that the rear camera washer was not in place and thus not functioning. The actual nozzle was missing from the plastic camera frame.
It seems that the car was most likely gently hit from the back and this lead to the nozzle falling out of its socket (their guess).
They said that to fix it they would need to remove the rear bumper and this would be a very costly repair.
So I decided to check it out myself.
Porsche Taycan Rear Camera Washer Problem 1

The camera was sticking out a bit so it was easy to pull it out. I also removed the two rear plate lights on the sides of the camera, in order to get some access space.
After a little bit of poking around I managed to find the nozzle of the washer that was still connected to an inner piece of plastic that forms the camera/washer unit.
Porsche Taycan Rear Camera Washer Problem 3

Here you can see this inner part that has an opening for the nozzle and an opening for the camera connector. You can also see the camera and the washer nozzle next to it.
After about an hour of fiddling I managed to fit it all into place. You need to insert the inner part into the hole in the bumper (it is actually bigger than the hole so you need to find a good angle to push it through while the nozzle is connected to it). Then you need to hold it from inside with your index fingers through the side light openings and position the camera into the outer plastic casing. The last step is to push the two parts of the plastic casing into each other (the visible one on the outside and the one on the inside of the hole).
Porsche Taycan Rear Camera Washer Problem 2

And here it is back in place with the nozzle in the correct position.
Porsche Taycan Rear Camera Washer Problem 5

And it actually works now :)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I didn't know it had one! How do you make it squirt - Pressing the rear windscreen?

OP
OP

vladarh

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I didn't know it had one! How do you make it squirt - Pressing the rear windscreen?
When you're in reverse there will be an icon/button as shown in the gif above. It's not there all the time, I guess only when you're in reverse. On the CT/ST it's connected to the rear wiper washer, so there won't be a button there.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When you're in reverse there will be an icon/button as shown in the gif above. It's not there all the time, I guess only when you're in reverse. On the CT/ST it's connected to the rear wiper washer, so there won't be a button there.
Ah. I have the CT. Thanks.

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I recently had a problem and wanted to share my experience of fixing it.
I bought a 2yo Taycan 4S that was most likely used as a demo car somewhere in Germany and imported to Norway.
A week ago I had the first service done at the local Porsche dealership and they notified me of two issues with my car.
One of them was that the rear camera washer was not in place and thus not functioning. The actual nozzle was missing from the plastic camera frame.
It seems that the car was most likely gently hit from the back and this lead to the nozzle falling out of its socket (their guess).
They said that to fix it they would need to remove the rear bumper and this would be a very costly repair.
So I decided to check it out myself.
1.jpg

The camera was sticking out a bit so it was easy to pull it out. I also removed the two rear plate lights on the sides of the camera, in order to get some access space.
After a little bit of poking around I managed to find the nozzle of the washer that was still connected to an inner piece of plastic that forms the camera/washer unit.
3.jpg

Here you can see this inner part that has an opening for the nozzle and an opening for the camera connector. You can also see the camera and the washer nozzle next to it.
After about an hour of fiddling I managed to fit it all into place. You need to insert the inner part into the hole in the bumper (it is actually bigger than the hole so you need to find a good angle to push it through while the nozzle is connected to it). Then you need to hold it from inside with your index fingers through the side light openings and position the camera into the outer plastic casing. The last step is to push the two parts of the plastic casing into each other (the visible one on the outside and the one on the inside of the hole).
2.jpg

And here it is back in place with the nozzle in the correct position.
5.gif

And it actually works now :)
Hello,
I have the same issue and trying to fix.
I managed to remove the outer casing for the camera and the side rear side lights to give me more space to work with.
I had a question do I need to completely remove the inner casing (that is within the bumper)? Any tips on how to get this out? Any tools that you used that you can suggest. Thanks!!

OP
OP

vladarh

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Shez, no you don't need to remove it. I removed it because I wanted to find out how it all fits together. To assemble it you need to hold the inner piece in place through the side openings and then position the nozzle, the camera and the front piece so they all fit together. It's tricky and it takes a while, but it can be done.

AdamT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7 and A3, Taycan on order
Country flag
Life saver this forum, had the same issue when cleaning the car, dislodged the rear camera somehow, and had visions of having to take the rear bumper off. For the life of me couldn't get the nozzle back in until I read about taking the number plate lights out. Cheers for the tips!
Sponsored