First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Greetings!

I was just in the 2022 Taycan configurator. Is this new? I hadn't seen it before:

Porsche Taycan Rear Seat Entertainment 1631713641955
Sponsored

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Comprises two high-resolution and anti-glare 10.1-inch touchscreen displays (resolution: 1920 ×1080 pixels) mounted on the backrests of the front seats and two wireless Bluetooth® over ear headphones.
Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) displays can be tilted.

Use in the vehicle:
  • Playback of Smart Device app content (e.g. movies) on the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment system via Apple® AirPlay, GOOGLE® Chromecast, screen mirroring, (e.g. Samsung® Smart View or Apple® Screen Mirroring)
  • Requirements: Smart Device with at least iOS 12®or Android® 9.0 operating system. Wi-Fi connection between Smart Device and Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment. App compatibility with one of the above functions.
  • Playback of Netflix content via integrated Netflix app
  • Playback of content (e.g. movies) via HDMI-In interface (HDMI cable not included)
  • Sound output via Bluetooth® headphones or audio jack (3.5mm)
  • Charge electronic devices via USB type C interface
  • Over the Air updates for system optimizations
Note: availability of services and features may vary in certain countries. An Internet/Wi-Fi connection can be established either by means of the Connect Plus module or by using a smartphone/tablet computer as a mobile hotspot (tethering). Depending on the smartphone manufacturer, not all functions are available via hotspot (tethering). Some apps restrict the wireless transmission of content. Playback and transmission of DRM-protected (Digital Rights Management) content partly requires a subscription to a paid streaming service. No playback of iTunes content.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I can't believe that this would be a very popular feature. Virtually every rear seat entertainment feature, even in cars for which this is a natural option, looks hopelessly outdated in about four years. Easy enough to get an iPad for the small kids.

FBruyninckx

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agree with the iPad, but has anybody a solution to mount an ipad on a taycan seat?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Oh wow, I didn't think they would randomly add such pretty major options right after releasing a new model year. This is definitely something I will add to my build (last second too, since my lock date is coming up very soon).

I have to say that I'm extremely happy that I found this forum. So many things I would have missed otherwise.

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I think the Airplay/Chromecast compatibility will give this a longer than usual lease of life.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Oh wow, I didn't think they would randomly add such pretty major options right after releasing a new model year. This is definitely something I will add to my build (last second too, since my lock date is coming up very soon).

I have to say that I'm extremely happy that I found this forum. So many things I would have missed otherwise.
I have my delivery at the end of october and my dealer told me, that it is only for 2022 production -but he lied many times during the ordering process, so i don't want to believe that either. Please let me know if it works for you?

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Has anyone received a Taycan with this specced and have some experience with it?
Curious if I should include in my build.

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
If anybody has this in their taycan could you post pictures of it in the back seats I think my son would love this but would like to see what it looks likes

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Greetings!

I was just in the 2022 Taycan configurator. Is this new? I hadn't seen it before:

1631713641955.png
Can't recall whether it was a toggle option but I do have a Surround Sound option in my Bose system that came with the Premium Pkg (mine a Jul order/Nov 2021 build of MY 2022, received Dec 2021). So unless they've added something extra to the speaker setup this would not appear to be new.

Taycanharpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m getting one delivered in 2 weeks with the rear entertainment system.

havent seen it in the dealership and nothing to be found online, I will post some pictures

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
any news/solutions mounting an iPad?
Don't have a Taycan (yet) but about to be in similar situation with 18 way seats in a Cayenne. I'm looking at suction cup mounts on either the window or the panoramic roof. Or, if the suction is strong enough, it might even mount to the rough back of the seat. Will have to see when it comes in but I'm ok with either the roof or the window.

There was a Rennlist thread I saw recently with Ram mounts and another brand. The other brand was better than Ram but I can't find it now.

Edit: it was a SeaSucker mount. The guy who posted the thread was in Austraila and had a whole box full of Ram mounts and noted that he liked these way better.

https://www.seasucker.com/collections/phone-tablet/products/naked-flex-mount-w-travel-case-black

It's also where I got the window and roof idea from:

Porsche Taycan Rear Seat Entertainment 6204-7_1200x

Porsche Taycan Rear Seat Entertainment first_image2016-04-26-2_434x.progressive

And also the idea that it might be strong enough to adhere to the back of the seat:

SeaSucker website said:
With a 4.5″ vacuum mount that attaches to the back of your tablet, you don’t have to worry about finding a new bracket when you upgrade your device every 6 to 9 months as Apple and its competitors strive to have the latest and greatest designs on the market. The other 4.5″ SeaSucker vacuum mount in this package does what no other tablet mounting system available can do – mount virtually anywhere. You want it on the counter top while in the kitchen? Your desk? Your coffee table? The sunroof or window in your car? The tray table in front of you on an airplane? The side of your hot tub? DONE!

Last edited:

TheBuilder

First Name
Koko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover HSE, Chevy Colorado
Country flag
I’m getting one delivered in 2 weeks with the rear entertainment system.

havent seen it in the dealership and nothing to be found online, I will post some pictures
Hey Taycanharpo just curious how the rear seat entertainment came out on your order. I'm getting mine at the end of February and Wondering how this looks inside. Got 2 kiddos that are definitely going to want to play separate things on those screens and wanted to ask if they are independent of each other?

Thanks
Sponsored