Rear seat space.......

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Teaserbild 1992-1994.jpeg

Ad from the 90'ties, when it was still acceptable to advertise fast driving.

For those who do not master German:
You can breakfast longer.
You are earlier back for diner.
Is there a better family car ?
Good advertising. It think they mean you have more time at home with your family not necessarily that your kinds will be happy with the let’s call them 2+2 seats in the back of the 911.

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
No one has pointed this out, perhaps because I could be the only one on here with this particular experience. I came to the Taycan from a Jag XF (the I-Pace just didn't have the range or recharging time I was looking for). They are almost exactly the same size, with the Taycan being about three inches wider in the body (and I'm sure that translates a bit to the interior).

I'm not sure how the XF compares to the I-Pace. I'm sure I compared them when I was looking, but I just don't remember.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
No one has pointed this out, perhaps because I could be the only one on here with this particular experience. I came to the Taycan from a Jag XF (the I-Pace just didn't have the range or recharging time I was looking for). They are almost exactly the same size, with the Taycan being about three inches wider in the body (and I'm sure that translates a bit to the interior).

I'm not sure how the XF compares to the I-Pace. I'm sure I compared them when I was looking, but I just don't remember.
I came from a x5 45e which has the same footprint as the Taycan. Interior and trunk space is much smaller in the Taycan CT.

Back seat and foot space in the back of the X5 is not comparable with the Taycan. The Taycan has very wide hips. Lots of room in the back lost with this design.

I knew this and I am fine with it for my family of 4 and a Lagotto Romangolo (small to medium sized dog). Bought a roof box for holidays.

from your experience is back seat space comparable between Taycan and XF?

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I came from a x5 45e which has the same footprint as the Taycan. Interior and trunk space is much smaller in the Taycan CT.

Back seat and foot space in the back of the X5 is not comparable with the Taycan. The Taycan has very wide hips. Lots of room in the back lost with this design.

I knew this and I am fine with it for my family of 4 and a Lagotto Romangolo (small to medium sized dog). Bought a roof box for holidays.

from your experience is back seat space comparable between Taycan and XF?
It is comparable. I never spend too much time in the back seat as it's my car, and I'm just about always the driver. I did test both of them with the driver's seat set for me, and I could sit behind myself (I'm 6', so not overly tall). I may not have as much leg room as I might want psychologically, but my knees don't hit the seat in front of me. I never tested the middle rear.

If I have passengers, it's just common for the shorter passengers to opt for the rear seats out of politeness. Of course, the XF and Taycan are both sedans/saloons.

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
I regularly have my 3 kids (11, 9 & 4) in the back no issues with 4 & 1 seats. Haven’t done too many long distance trips, but if I was can just swap the older 2 about in middle seat!

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I have 3 kids, the youngest is 7 and the middle seat is just about OK. He sits with his feet on the drivers centre arm rest on a longer journey. Not done anything significant really yet though where the size has been an issue.
Is this with car seats? I thought it was the law for every child to have some kind of booster/car seat until they're 12 years old or 135cm tall (whichever comes first)?

https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules

"Children must normally use a child car seat until they’re 12 years old or 135 centimetres tall, whichever comes first."

As a family of 5 I have 3 kids, 9, 6, and 4. There’s a carseat in the middle for the 4yo.
I would love very much for you to post a photo of the car seat in the middle. We have the same questions for our Taycan due in October.

Thanks!

I regularly have my 3 kids (11, 9 & 4) in the back no issues with 4 & 1 seats. Haven’t done too many long distance trips, but if I was can just swap the older 2 about in middle seat!
Is this with the 4 year-old in a car seat and the 11 and 9 year-old alternating between the middle and the other outer seat?

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Is this with car seats? I thought it was the law for every child to have some kind of booster/car seat until they're 12 years old or 135cm tall (whichever comes first)?
He’s right on the edge of that height, but the seat in the middle is higher that the two either side, the seat belt sits across his chest correctly which is what the guidelines are really about.

There’s only isofix on the two side seats.

I tried a new M3 when I was car shopping and the space is pretty similar I think, more leg room perhaps on each side.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
He’s right on the edge of that height, but the seat in the middle is higher that the two either side, the seat belt sits across his chest correctly which is what the guidelines are really about.

There’s only isofix on the two side seats.

I tried a new M3 when I was car shopping and the space is pretty similar I think, more leg room perhaps on each side.
Thanks for the reply. The child who would go in the middle will be just over three, so I'm not sure we would get away with that.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Many years ago when my wife and I had one child, I drove a Boxster S. It was an amazing vehicle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then we found out that we were expecting twins, and my wife said “The Porsche must go.” I objected, saying that our other car was plenty big. She said that if I were home alone with the twins (or all three) and she was using our other car, I would not be able to take the kids to the hospital. I said “OK” and promptly sold the Boxster S. But, I went and bought a 996 Targa (silver with aero kit, great car). I knew she would be pissed, so I bought two baby seats for the +2 seats, and had them installed when I pulled up. She was pissed, until I pointed to the back and said “Look, family car!” Fortunately, she laughed too. Since that day and many 911s later, we have always referred to our 911 as the family car, which confuses others since we also have SUVs.

My kids grew up in Porsches. They have always loved them. Now at 19, 18 and 18, they love our Taycan 4S Cross Turismo with 2+1 rear seats, although the +1 is only used for cross town very short trips.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rossy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
Many years ago when my wife and I had one child, I drove a Boxster S. It was an amazing vehicle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then we found out that we were expecting twins, and my wife said “The Porsche must go.” I objected, saying that our other car was plenty big. She said that if I were home alone with the twins (or all three) and she was using our other car, I would not be able to take the kids to the hospital. I said “OK” and promptly sold the Boxster S. But, I went and bought a 996 Targa (silver with aero kit, great car). I new she would be pissed, so I bought two baby seats for the +2 seats, and had them installed when I pulled up. She was pissed, until I pointed to that back and said “Look, family car!” Fortunately, she laughed too. Since that day and many 911s later, we have always referred to our 911 as the family car, which confuses others since we also have SUVs.

my kids grew up in Porsches. They have always loved them. Now at 19, 18 and 18, they love our Taycan 4S Cross Turismo with 2+1 rear seats, although the +1 is only used for cross town very short trips.
Thanks. My take away from this is that you can fit two 18 year olds and a 19 year old in back at same time!!!! That’s good enough for me as will be a long time before mine or all that age! hahahaha

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag

"Children must normally use a child car seat until they’re 12 years old or 135 centimetres tall, whichever comes first."

I would love very much for you to post a photo of the car seat in the middle. We have the same questions for our Taycan due in October.

Thanks!

Is this with the 4 year-old in a car seat and the 11 and 9 year-old alternating between the middle and the other outer seat?
the 11 year old is in the middle - he’s quite tall and the other 2 are in booster seats

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag

Thanks!

Porsche Taycan Rear seat space....... EB8FDC24-2A2C-4055-963A-0F46E85C4EA7
Sponsored