Rear Spoiler not deploying on Taycan 4S

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm about 2 months into having my 4S. I'm fairly certain my rear spoiler never deploys. I've never seen the indication on the cluster. I typically drive in Normal, and routinely do highway driving around between 70-90mph and have never seen it deploy. My wife following on a trip at around 80+ didn't see it deploy either. I can deploy the spoiler during routine cleaning without an issue.

What are the circumstances for deployment circumstances of the spoiler in Normal mode? I'm curious if I have an issue, or if this is normal for a 4S operating in Normal. I do recall reading that in Sport mode the requirements to deploy are much higher.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this has been covered before. Trying to determine if this is something I need to get addressed, or if this is expected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, reading that I wasn't clear other than the last post which says "It doesn't in Normal"

I'm assuming that means in Normal it never deploys and this is to be expected?

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm about 2 months into having my 4S. I'm fairly certain my rear spoiler never deploys. I've never seen the indication on the cluster. I typically drive in Normal, and routinely do highway driving around between 70-90mph and have never seen it deploy. My wife following on a trip at around 80+ didn't see it deploy either. I can deploy the spoiler during routine cleaning without an issue.

What are the circumstances for deployment circumstances of the spoiler in Normal mode? I'm curious if I have an issue, or if this is normal for a 4S operating in Normal. I do recall reading that in Sport mode the requirements to deploy are much higher.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this has been covered before. Trying to determine if this is something I need to get addressed, or if this is expected.
The diagram posted is the one to follow.

The spoiler will raise (slightly) in Normal. If there was a fault you should expect a messaging appearing on the Digital Cockpit (it has safety implications at speed).

The spoiler will deploy in Range mode (as well as lowering the car) - you should see 2 visual indicators for this - the spoiler and the lowered suspension.

If you don't see the indication on the lower right of the digital cockpit then it does suggest an issue but an additional potential worry if there is no warning / error message / notification (check PCM notifications).

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The diagram posted is the one to follow.

The spoiler will raise (slightly) in Normal. If there was a fault you should expect a messaging appearing on the Digital Cockpit (it has safety implications at speed).

The spoiler will deploy in Range mode (as well as lowering the car) - you should see 2 visual indicators for this - the spoiler and the lowered suspension.

If you don't see the indication on the lower right of the digital cockpit then it does suggest an issue but an additional potential worry if there is no warning / error message / notification (check PCM notifications).
Yeah, unfortunately the only thing that happens is the indicator for the ride height lowering. Never once has my spoiler raised, nor the indicator shown. It's very odd.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yeah, unfortunately the only thing that happens is the indicator for the ride height lowering. Never once has my spoiler raised, nor the indicator shown. It's very odd.
I followed my wife one day while she was driving in normal. The spoiler did go up, but just barely.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/a-few-thoughts-after-driving-behind-my-taycan.7207/

There’s no indication on the dash at this time and you can’t see it from the drivers seat.

The only time I’ve ever seen the spoiler indicator is in range mode. And I’ve never seen it operate from inside the car.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine's a '22 and I've never seen any indication on the dash on whether my spoiler is up or not either so I'm thinking it's normal.

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I followed my wife one day while she was driving in normal. The spoiler did go up, but just barely.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/a-few-thoughts-after-driving-behind-my-taycan.7207/

There’s no indication on the dash at this time and you can’t see it from the drivers seat.

The only time I’ve ever seen the spoiler indicator is in range mode. And I’ve never seen it operate from inside the car.
That is helpful. I expected to see an indicator on the dash similar to ride height. I guess it's probably operating as normal. Thank you very much!

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I think the spoiler only deploys in Range mode (slightly) and in sport plus (full) above a certain speed (50 or 60mph). In both cases it indicates on the main dash display.
Sponsored