Recall done, new OTA Module had to be put in now Apple Music and Podcasts don't work

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone have this issue now with Apple Music? I had the recall done in late August which caused (maybe) the OTA module to stop working which caused the car not to speak to the Porsche server or my connect account. New OTA module and everything now works although it took three weeks to get the part and get it installed but for Apple Music and Podcasts. When I try to connect to Apple Music/Podcasts. I get this message. 800 Porsche number doesn't know what to do to solve it and going back to the dealer seems like another waste of three weeks. Anyone have this issue or see this after trying to RE-register my Apple music account? (Apple music works everywhere else but on the car)
Porsche Taycan Recall done, new OTA Module had to be put in now Apple Music and Podcasts don't work 32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c
Sponsored

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone have this issue now with Apple Music? I had the recall done in late August which caused (maybe) the OTA module to stop working which caused the car not to speak to the Porsche server or my connect account. New OTA module and everything now works although it took three weeks to get the part and get it installed but for Apple Music and Podcasts. When I try to connect to Apple Music/Podcasts. I get this message. 800 Porsche number doesn't know what to do to solve it and going back to the dealer seems like another waste of three weeks. Anyone have this issue or see this after trying to RE-register my Apple music account? (Apple music works everywhere else but on the car)
32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c.jpeg
Nobody has had this issue?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I saw this error message as part of my initial setup of my car when I first received it.
TBH, getting Apple Music properly registered was a multi-hour battle - I don't recall what I did to make this particular one go away. I think in my case retrying just resolved it.

I had blamed it on poor reception in my garage.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I've been getting that message on my car for as long as I've had it (the car), about 2.5 weeks. No workaround for me, except to use Apple Music on CarPlay.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Robert,

I didn't have the update, but I got the same message yesterday. In addition to Apple Music, the Internet Radio would not connect. I forgot to check the status of the car's LTE signal. I went to the supermarket and when I restarted the car, everything was back online. My assumption is there was interference with the data signal to perform the appropriate authentication handshake.

A slightly different issue is that when I register Apple Podcasts, my Apple Music is not longer available and vice versa. Are you able to get Apple Podcasts?

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Robert,

I didn't have the update, but I got the same message yesterday. In addition to Apple Music, the Internet Radio would not connect. I forgot to check the status of the car's LTE signal. I went to the supermarket and when I restarted the car, everything was back online. My assumption is there was interference with the data signal to perform the appropriate authentication handshake.

A slightly different issue is that when I register Apple Podcasts, my Apple Music is not longer available and vice versa. Are you able to get Apple Podcasts?
Can't get either. Tried it in different places. I keep getting the same screen.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Unfortunately, it sounds like another visit to the dealer to fix your problem.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Nobody has had this issue?
I had this issue many, many times the last 9 month. It always vanished for a short time by simply waiting, close the car, waiting. sometimes minutes, sometimes hours or days.
Tons of tickets and OTA change and whatever they tried. Even I was already desperately pulling the circuit breakers etc.

It's currently better since a few weeks, but I do not really dare to say it loud.
Sponsored