awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
488 spider, 458 speciale, 812, F8 trib, Tesla model s
Country flag
my partner did. they referred him back to dealer. basically saying “not our problem”. i’d like to see what Germany has to say. any one fluent?
I thought about calling Porsche UK, but gave up when i realised i'd just be put through to a generic call centre.

It's a ridiculous situation. I already have the registration document and my finance agreement has commenced for a car i've not seen yet !
Sponsored

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California, RR sport, Evoque
Country flag
I thought about calling Porsche UK, but gave up when i realised i'd just be put through to a generic call centre.

It's a ridiculous situation. I already have the registration document and my finance agreement has commenced for a car i've not seen yet !
my business partner is in the same boat. secured 3rd party finance which paid out on the morning of the proposed handover 7 days ago. he told the dealer that if he cancelled there would be penalties and expected porsche to pick up the tab. they agreed to do that!

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
CARS RELEASED! Dealer says nothing has been done to them, held back for some unknown reason. Should have mine in the next 24 hours

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my partner did. they referred him back to dealer. basically saying “not our problem”. i’d like to see what Germany has to say. any one fluent?
I called them about my car sitting at Emden for 18days. They gave me that shitty answer and I politely repeated the question many times also expressing my disappointment in the not knowing and ambiguity. I kept using the words disappointing and unprofessional like a machine. Took 15mins till the person escalated to someone more senior. Then I got an accurate status update.
Obviously someone knows the reason and it’s not fair that you and even those who have fully paid not know

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ve me that shitty answer and I politely repeated the question many times also expressing my disappointment in the not knowing and ambiguity. I kept using the words disappointing and unprofessional like a machine. Took 15mins till the person escalated to someone mo
Are you sure your car is sitting at Emden? I did hear some dealers were bending the truth a little, rather than tell buyers they couldn't have their car due to a stop sale notice from Germany. To be fair to my dealer they've been equally as frustrated as me by the whole situation. Anyway, i'll now have the car within the hour :)

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
my partner's just been called. pick up tomorrow. what was all that about!
Crazy. Just textd my business partner to let him know. Not sure if he’s been called today or not yet.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Crazy. Just textd my business partner to let him know. Not sure if he’s been called today or not yet.
Yup, he’s had the call also and can pick up tomorrow.

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called them about my car sitting at Emden for 18days. They gave me that shitty answer and I politely repeated the question many times also expressing my disappointment in the not knowing and ambiguity. I kept using the words disappointing and unprofessional like a machine. Took 15mins till the person escalated to someone more senior. Then I got an accurate status update.
Obviously someone knows the reason and it’s not fair that you and even those who have fully paid not know
looks like they are all being released now. th

Porsche Taycan Recalled before i've even taken delivery :-(  UK 2BD670C7-1151-4B52-8F2A-6A16BB0CDC71

Porsche Taycan Recalled before i've even taken delivery :-(  UK 4C1C7289-4DB3-4C85-BEF4-982F394AD396

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i was told today when collecting mine. that there was a fault with some cars but they stopped the whole line until the identified they problematic few. That’s the efficiency of the German!

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i was told today when collecting mine. that there was a fault with some cars but they stopped the whole line until the identified they problematic few. That’s the efficiency of the German!
Porsche Taycan Recalled before i've even taken delivery :-(  UK 20201126_161734
snap!

Father Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many V12s and V8s...
Country flag
I registered to try to find out more... but got a call to say that wife’s car (held up for two weeks) has now been released. Collecting on Friday... she‘s really looking forward to it.
Sponsored