PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
It must be more serious than just a software update. I think in may be something with the brakes with Mission E wheels and PSCB.
No can’t be that because there are also Turbo S cars which have gotten a stop sales order, and you can only get them with PCCB.

A stop sale order is not uncommon at Porsche but normally it only takes a couple of days before the dealers get an explanation. Today it’s 10 days since the first stop sale order, and still radio silence from Porsche headquarters... hopefully we will hear from them within the next couple of days... ??
Sponsored

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California, RR sport, Evoque
Country flag
my partners is a Turbo s which doesn’t have pscb and my other friends is a 4s without mission wheels. not sure his brake option but likely to be standard issue. doesn’t seem to be any logical reason. my dealer has been handing taycans over since saturday. what ever the problem was it appears to be fixed now.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
my partners is a Turbo s which doesn’t have pscb and my other friends is a 4s without mission wheels. not sure his brake option but likely to be standard issue. doesn’t seem to be any logical reason. my dealer has been handing taycans over since saturday. what ever the problem was it appears to be fixed now.
That it appears to be fixed also gives me hope that we will hear from Porsche soon, so customers can get their (long-awaited) cars ?

Kioti1949

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S ? RANGE ROVER VOGUE PORSCHE CAYENNE
Country flag
No can’t be that because there are also Turbo S cars which have gotten a stop sales order, and you can only get them with PCCB.

A stop sale order is not uncommon at Porsche but normally it only takes a couple of days before the dealers get an explanation. Today it’s 10 days since the first stop sale order, and still radio silence from Porsche headquarters... hopefully we will hear from them within the next couple of days... ??
Thats another theory shot down.I was supposed to pick my 4s up on Sat 14th but was told late Friday evening that Porsche had put hold on 96 other cars .It makes it worse that there is no explanation for the stop sale,it makes you wonder how bad the problem is.

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
488 spider, 458 speciale, 812, F8 trib, Tesla model s
Country flag
I don't have mission E wheels, and there doesn't appear to a pattern on the cars that have had a stop sale notice. Perhaps it has something todo with when they came off the production line?

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
got to be a batch part that’s faulty. new part shipped to dealer for warranty replacement. depending on the complexity of the part will depend on the procedure to fix. i heard some cars were dragged back to factory from German port. all speculation tbf. but porsche are showing a shocking service to what is a pretty expensive car at any level!

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's probably a batch of faulty components and they know which vin's have the faulty components.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
It must be more serious than just a software update. I think in may be something with the brakes with Mission E wheels and PSCB.
His car has no options at all so can’t be this.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Anyone know any more?

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my partner spoke to dealer principle today. who offered a refund and was willing to pay the finance penalties!
he claimed to know nothing!

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
on another note. we ordered 3 at the same time. picking mine up tomorrow lunch time.... trying not to look to smug.

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
488 spider, 458 speciale, 812, F8 trib, Tesla model s
Country flag
on another note. we ordered 3 at the same time. picking mine up tomorrow lunch time.... trying not to look to smug.
Very smug. Enjoy. Please don't forget to update the forum if anything changes with the other 2 stop-sale orders.

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my partner did. they referred him back to dealer. basically saying “not our problem”. i’d like to see what Germany has to say. any one fluent?
Sponsored