First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
488 spider, 458 speciale, 812, F8 trib, Tesla model s
Country flag
Hello

Newbie here. I was supposed to take delivery of my Taycan Turbo S today, only for Porsche GB to send a note out to all dealers telling them not the release certain vehicles. Dealer assumes its some kind of recall although no clear information at present.

Does anyone know what's going on, or had a similar experience.

Sorry for the cross posting. I didn't spot the uk specific forum.
Sponsored

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello

Newbie here. I was supposed to take delivery of my Taycan Turbo S today, only for Porsche GB to send a note out to all dealers telling them not the release certain vehicles. Dealer assumes its some kind of recall although no clear information at present.

Sorry in my last post I meant the Taycan UK Facebook group. One particular member had his car recalled and said it was 1 of 96

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, that's why I couldn't find the thread. Thanks anyway

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Hello

Hi there, welcome to the forum, we had our car (Taycan 4S) recalled back to the factory whilst it was at Emden waiting to be loaded onto the ship, delayed our delivery by two weeks, but as I’ve seen others on here already say “it’s better to be recalled BEFORE you get the car rather than whilst owning it.”
Porsche Mid Sussex were good about it, gave us a nice Cayenne GTS to bomb about it whilst we waited. No idea what it was for though, something to do with a specific batch of cars made on the 24th September. That’s the only info I could get from Porsche GB.
Hopefully 2 things, firstly it’s not a major recall and secondly you pickup date of the car is not pushed back too much. Good luck and enjoy the car, I know we are, and already the talk is should we get a turbo S next! Lol

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just posted on your other thread. Business partner has had same for his 4s due to be picked up at the weekend, but Friday saw a stop sale instruction. Be interested to see what’s caused it and more importantly how long a delay will be caused. Was looking forward to him taking me out for a spin ahead of my car arriving in December ( also delayed by 2 week currently)

OP
OP

awitty

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just posted on your other thread. Business partner has had same for his 4s due to be picked up at the weekend, but Friday saw a stop sale instruction. Be interested to see what’s caused it and more importantly how long a delay will be caused. Was looking forward to him taking me out for a spin ahead of my car arriving in December ( also delayed by 2 week currently)
Yes I also got told last thing on Friday there was some problem. Dealer doing their best but they don't seem to know what the issue is yet.
Sponsored