Recommendations for Body shops in the California Bay Area

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Any body shops in the California Bay Area which are certified to do collision repair for Taycans? An idiot banged into my right hand side rear door while trying to make an unprotected left turn thru dense traffic. Their insurance has accepted liability and suggested a few body shops but I want to make sure I choose one which is certified to do collision repair on Taycans (and ideally recommended by someone here). Porsche Steven's Creek has a link to AW Collision in San Jose but https://porschecollisioncenter.com/ also lists Superior Collision (Campbell) and German Auto Body (Santa Clara). Any recommendations and tips would be welcome.

PS: The other driver's insurance is paying for a Tesla Model 3 rental. After driving it for 2 days, all I can say is - Thank God I canceled the Model 3 reservation (1st hour reservation holder) and purchased a Taycan instead.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, Dave. Really appreciate it, as always. :) Will give them a call. Do you know if they have worked on Taycans?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Thanks, Dave. Really appreciate it, as always. :) Will give them a call. Do you know if they have worked on Taycans?
they haven't worked on mine {knocks on wood} - I don't know if they are "authorized" or not for Taycan - but they are my first choice for a body shop.

OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool! Will call 'em up (I can see that they are pricey but have great reviews) and I have also reached out to the other ones in the list (some have not-so-great reviews).

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I took my car to superior body shop in san carlos(recommended by redwood city porsche). They do very good work but timeline on getting the work done isn't the best. DM me if you want more info.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Superior did a good job on my C6 Corvette but a so-so job on my old BMW E60 545i, it seemed like they installed a used headlight on the 545i and didn’t fit it so well. Seems like they were trying to skimp on costs, and my insurance paid for both jobs so I didn’t request that they cut costs for my out of pocket. Not sure if that was a scam or what, so I didn’t use them after that.

I’ve used Mathews-Carlson Body Works Palo Alto for the Corvette and various other BMWs over the years, and they seem fine.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
On a side note, besides being covered for the damage and loaner vehicle, make sure you get compensated for the diminished value because of the accident. You don't want to be surprised by a reduction in value, because the car was damaged when it comes time to either sell or trade in the vehicle.

Last edited:

OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have sent the car to German Auto Body Santa Clara.

OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On a side note, besides being covered for the damage and loaner vehicle, make sure you get compensated for the diminished value because of the accident. You don't want to be surprised by a reduction in value, because the car was damaged when it comes time to either sell or trade in the vehicle.
n00b q. (I have never gotten a traffic ticket, leave alone being in such an accident): How does one get insurance to compensate for diminished value? Any tips appreciated.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
n00b q. (I have never gotten a traffic ticket, leave alone being in such an accident): How does one get insurance to compensate for diminished value? Any tips appreciated.
Have your insurance company come up with the assessment for diminished value and place the demand on the other party's insurance carrier. However, if you have already settled your claim, then it may be difficult to request additional compensation.

Last edited:
OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't settled the claim yet and signed anything. The other party's insurance accepted liability and stated in writing that their driver is 100% at fault. That's where we are at right now.

OP
OP

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag