Recommended front facing dash cams to hardwire?

Taycan191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 Edition 1, 2Taycan (Ordered)
Country flag
What seems to be the better front facing dash cams to hardwire seamlessly on the Taycan? Looking for seamless hardwire install, high res, easy to use reliable app, with useful features.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Have you tried searching for the word “dashcam” yet? It’s been covered ad nauseam on this forum.

OP
OP

Taycan191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 Edition 1, 2Taycan (Ordered)
Country flag
Yep. But nothing straight forward in the last several months. A lot of talk about ancillary stuff.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I like the blackvue DR900X plus 2ch -- Good quality and good parking mode, and nice batteries and cloud functionality. Looks discrete. (I have a thread here on my install) .

You may prefer the DR750x though as that one includes an LTE module. (I use a separate wifi/4G dongle for that)

Blackvue is not cheap though and other brands may give you a better deal..

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I like the blackvue DR900X plus 2ch -- Good quality and good parking mode, and nice batteries and cloud functionality. Looks discrete. (I have a thread here on my install) .

You may prefer the DR750x though as that one includes an LTE module. (I use a separate wifi/4G dongle for that)

Blackvue is not cheap though and other brands may give you a better deal..
This is what i had installed. It’s pretty good.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
If you live in a warmer climate, I'd suggest Thinkware U1000 4K over Blackvue. The Blackvue mount is cantilevered so it has a tendency to sag in warmer climates, and they overheat too easily. Image quality with Thinkware is a little better, and the app is a big step up.

I'd suggest hardwiring a backup battery. Most of them can fully charge in <40m drive and supply up 12+hrs of dash cam recording in parking mode.

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
I use Blackvue in my cars, and just installed 900x in the Taycan (took around 3 hrs start to finish, including a few cuppas!). Go to the blackvue outlet shop to get yourself a deal and don't fear the fact that its a refurbished item as there is no difference to what you get 'brand new'.
Sponsored