PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. Helped me easily wire my Blackvue DR900X-2CH Plus. I thought I would add a couple of additional notes and pics to aid in other installs that I researched during my installation. Do at your own risk. I am just a DIY'er.

1. Blackvue says you can use 10a-30a fuses. I used the 10a as others had done the same.
2. On the Blackvue hardwire, the RED wire (ACC) is connected to the ignition/switched power and the YELLOW (BAT) wire is connect to the power source when the car is off.
3. My note below shows which fuse in the PASSENGER footwell was the ACC and BAT.
4. The purple covers are easily removed. Use needle-nose pliers on the very end and squeeze lightly and tug. They pop right off. A hardwire thread for radar detectors had an issue with them. They cannot be put back on with the wire tap so I zip tied mine to the excess dashcam wire that I tucked up in the footwell to the left of the fuse box.
5. The fuse slot in the top row (Bat-use yellow wire) is empty and is the last slot on the right.
6. The fuse slot in the third row is the (ACC-use red wire) is on the third slot from the right on the third row and the empty slot the left of the 5am fuse.
7. O'Reilly Autoparts sells the fuse tap. You need the ATO (big fuse) not the mini.
8. Personally, I did not want to see the camera in the middle of the rear window as it would have to be below the third brake light and not only would the camera be visible, so would a wire. I tucked it up on the passenger side and I absolutely cannot see it from the drivers seat in my mirror. The camera view is wide enough to cover the whole rear with no issue.
9. It was pretty easy to run the rear camera under the door sill all the way along the passenger side and then putting the rear seat down, up behind the side bolster and up the rear pillar and into the headliner.
10. On the passenger side, I removed the fuse cover (Blackvue tool was perfect for all panel removals), the side of the dash panel, and a trim panel that was to the right of the dash panel. Made it easier to fish wires from the fuse panel and up the A pillar.
11. I started with the wires at the mirror and worked my way down so the excess wire ended at the fuse box.
Porsche Taycan Dash cams Blackvue Wire Colors
Porsche Taycan Dash cams BlackvuePassFuse
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_6564

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe the part number is 9J1-857-593-B
I just had my windshield replaced and during the application of the window tinting (which I had on the previous windshield) this part was broken by the installers as they tried to remove my FiTCAMX. :mad:

I've ordered a replacement part via my local Porsche dealership in Austin and hope to have it installed in a couple of weeks when I drop off my Taycan for the AMC1 safety recall and diagnosis of my a/c which stopped blowing cold air a couple of days ago...

Here's a link to the part number I sent the Porsche Austin parts department as a reference: https://parts.porscheofannapolis.com/oem-parts/porsche-mirror-foot-cover-bl-9j1857593b1e0

Mirror Foot Cover Bl - Porsche (9J1-857-593-B-1E0)

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. Helped me easily wire my Blackvue DR900X-2CH Plus. I thought I would add a couple of additional notes and pics to aid in other installs that I researched during my installation. Do at your own risk. I am just a DIY'er.

1. Blackvue says you can use 10a-30a fuses. I used the 10a as others had done the same.
2. On the Blackvue hardwire, the RED wire (ACC) is connected to the ignition/switched power and the YELLOW (BAT) wire is connect to the power source when the car is off.
3. My note below shows which fuse in the PASSENGER footwell was the ACC and BAT.
4. The purple covers are easily removed. Use needle-nose pliers on the very end and squeeze lightly and tug. They pop right off. A hardwire thread for radar detectors had an issue with them. They cannot be put back on with the wire tap so I zip tied mine to the excess dashcam wire that I tucked up in the footwell to the left of the fuse box.
5. The fuse slot in the top row (Bat-use yellow wire) is empty and is the last slot on the right.
6. The fuse slot in the third row is the (ACC-use red wire) is on the third slot from the right on the third row and the empty slot the left of the 5am fuse.
7. O'Reilly Autoparts sells the fuse tap. You need the ATO (big fuse) not the mini.
8. Personally, I did not want to see the camera in the middle of the rear window as it would have to be below the third brake light and not only would the camera be visible, so would a wire. I tucked it up on the passenger side and I absolutely cannot see it from the drivers seat in my mirror. The camera view is wide enough to cover the whole rear with no issue.
9. It was pretty easy to run the rear camera under the door sill all the way along the passenger side and then putting the rear seat down, up behind the side bolster and up the rear pillar and into the headliner.
10. On the passenger side, I removed the fuse cover (Blackvue tool was perfect for all panel removals), the side of the dash panel, and a trim panel that was to the right of the dash panel. Made it easier to fish wires from the fuse panel and up the A pillar.
11. I started with the wires at the mirror and worked my way down so the excess wire ended at the fuse box.
Blackvue Wire Colors.jpg
BlackvuePassFuse.jpg
IMG_6564.jpg
Nice notes; please could you grab another picture showing where you placed the rear BlackVue camera?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Has anybody installed the rear camera on the CT? I'm interested in how they routed the wiring into the hatch. In SUVs I would take down the roof lining and route it through the wiring loom into the hatch but not sure I want to do that in a new car.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice notes; please could you grab another picture showing where you placed the rear BlackVue camera?
Here is the view of it. It is mounted behind the rear seat passenger seat. I took the picture with my phone resting on the center rear headrest. It is almost impossible to see without getting in the car and my tint makes it impossible to see from outside.

Porsche Taycan Dash cams rearblackvue

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Here is the view of it. It is mounted behind the rear seat passenger seat. I took the picture with my phone resting on the center rear headrest. It is almost impossible to see without getting in the car and my tint makes it impossible to see from outside.

rearblackvue.jpg
Thank you! I have the BlackVue in my Raptor today and most likely will add one to the Taycan. Nice tip on the keeping the fuse box retainer piece
Taped to the cabling - I just threw mine into the tool chest when hardwiring radar in the Macan and Cayman.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Has anybody installed the rear camera on the CT? I'm interested in how they routed the wiring into the hatch. In SUVs I would take down the roof lining and route it through the wiring loom into the hatch but not sure I want to do that in a new car.
I let my local Porsche centre install my Blackvue for my CT. I think they mounted the rear camera a bit low (they were apparently concerned about the roof spoiler blocking the view), but that is something I can easily fix myself.

Cable management was spot on, with the only visible cables being the ones directly by the cameras shown in the photos. The CT is a bit tricker than the sedan since the cables have to be routed through the cable tubes, which is nice that they could fix for me.

I had the forwards camera be mounted upside down to conceal the cables more and for easier access to the touch sensor on the right side of the camera. Other than the printed text being upside down, it looks pretty nice and the picture can be rotated in the camera settings.

Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_0781.JPEG
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_0783.JPEG
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_0785.JPEG

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I let my local Porsche centre install my Blackvue for my CT. I think they mounted the backwards camera a bit low (they we're apparently concerned about the roof spoiler blocking the view), but that is something I can easily fix myself.

Cable management was spot on, with the only visible cables being the ones directly by the cameras shown in the photos. The CT is a bit tricker than the sedan since the cables have to be routed through the cable tubes, which is nice that they could fix for me.

I had the forwards camera be mounted upside down to conceal the cables more and for easier access to the touch sensor on the right side of the camera. Other than the printed text being upside down, it looks pretty nice and the picture can be rotated in the camera settings.

IMG_0781.JPEG
IMG_0783.JPEG
IMG_0785.JPEG
I have my rear camera mounted in the upper left driver's side corner. is that camera visible in your rear view mirror?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I have my rear camera mounted in the upper left driver's side corner. is that camera visible in your rear view mirror?
Yeah, it's visible, why I'm thinking of moving it a bit. It's not a major inconvinience as it is, though, since the rear camera is quite small.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Yeah, it's visible, why I'm thinking of moving it a bit. It's not a major inconvinience as it is, though, since the rear camera is quite small.
I see that you are driving a ct, I have the "normal" taycan so my camera is tucked away under the headliner and isn't visible from the front of the car.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mounted mine right up by the top of the rear glass. It cannot be seen from the drivers seat and the wide angle gives enough view even though it is on the right side of the car. The rear window is small enough. Seems crazy to mount dead in the middle of it.
Porsche Taycan Dash cams RearCam
Porsche Taycan Dash cams Rearlive.PNG

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
I really wish dash cam functionality was just built in with the existing cameras.
BMW i4 M50 has this as an option. Not expensive either. Maybe in the future Porsche might make it some kind of FOD!?!? Fingers crossed…

hmmwv79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base RWD
Country flag
Battery installed under passenger seat. (Moves with it). Ignore the white USB cable - not a part of the installation.
1613299803888.png
Hi. I am doing DIY my self. How did you attached batter on the surface or floor? Also if the seat all the way to goes down it will touch battery. Porsche seat is very low.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Battery is attached under the seat.
Yes the seat can't go all the way down (low indeed!)

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have already established that Porsches SW engineers are not up to par with the leading players. (Or perhaps more accurately; the management will now allow them to be. Either way - result is the same for end users).

I went ahead with the Blackvue:
Blackvue DR900X-2CH paired with Power Magic battery (B-112) and LTE module.
Has auto cloud upload on event and remote viewing using phone anytime anywhere.

Visibility (none) from Drivers seat.
1613299580618.png

Visibility from passengers seat:
1613299627331.png

99% of the cables are very well hidden. Some spots were so tight that I let the cables be out, instead of potentially damaging them. A professional installer would probably do better, but for me I'm more than happy.
1613299697061.png

Rear cam - not really blocking the already minimal view.
1613299740472.png

Battery installed under passenger seat. (Moves with it). Ignore the white USB cable - not a part of the installation.
1613299803888.png

LTE module placed temporarily on the passengers side lower B pillar. (Yeah yeah it will be nicer later..)
1613299976479.png

Video quality:

Make sure to click
1613301784683.png

Video is 4k.
On event, LTE upload is Full HD instead of 4K. To get 4K you have to take out the SD card and plug into computer. Not a big hassle and works OK for me.

Overall pleased with this set-up!
I let my local Porsche centre install my Blackvue for my CT. I think they mounted the rear camera a bit low (they were apparently concerned about the roof spoiler blocking the view), but that is something I can easily fix myself.

IMG_0781.JPEG
IMG_0783.JPEG
IMG_0785.JPEG
Do you guys have noise insulated glass? Is GPS working for your Blackvue? I have the camera mounted the same location but realized that GPS hasn’t been working after seeing another member posting the issue. I have the noise insulated glass.