Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey guys, I haven't followed all the latest threads, but when do we expect people to be able to order the refreshed models? In other words, when are they being built?

I'm still trying to figure out if/when to replace my current Taycan :)
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Hey guys, I haven't followed all the latest threads, but when do we expect people to be able to order the refreshed models? In other words, when are they being built?

There is a reddit thread that says "Dealer called me today re the facelift - Will be announced in Feb 24, first deliveries April/May 24". Take that for whatever it's worth. Maybe your local dealer could verify?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

End of Q1 next year. Dealers are driving / familiarisation in Portugal in Q1.

I would guess they'll class them as MY25 so potentially June for first customer deliveries.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Up to $22k off MSRP when leasing (between $7500 fed. credit and the Porsche incentives they are pushing this month). Best deals I've seen. Super tempting if it wasn't for the fact that I have nothing wrong with my Turbo lol

tropical

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3 m40i
Country flag
End of Q1 next year. Dealers are driving / familiarisation in Portugal in Q1.
I was told by an SA this week it will no longer be appearing at their familiarisation due to delays.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I was told by an SA this week it will no longer be appearing at their familiarisation due to delays.
Hmm… maybe it isn’t a good idea to wait for the refresh model. o_O Perhaps the MY24 is the best shaken out state of the Taycan and the refresh will be a regression in reliability…

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Hmm… maybe it isn’t a good idea to wait for the refresh model. o_O Perhaps the MY24 is the best shaken out state of the Taycan and the refresh will be a regression in reliability…
Fully cognizant that "data" is not the plural of "anecdote", here's my story. I inherited two cars from my parents.

One was a 1985 Audi 5000 - first year of its model, and yes, the one that got famous on 60 Minutes for randomly accelerating into things. I didn't ever have that problem, but everything else was a maintenance nightmare.

I got rid of it as soon as my father decided to get a BMW 7 series and no longer wanted the 1988 528 that is in my avatar. That was the final year of its model run, and I've driven it for over 25 years (odometer currently at about 350,000 miles).

The difference between those two experiences is a major reason why I wanted a MY24 Taycan. I'm a big fan of last years of model runs.

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
The dealer who sold me my 1st Porsche (he is now GSM) told me that the earliest he would get an exact number of allocations would be February. He did not know what ratio of sedans vs CTs he would be getting. Non-PTS expectation he set for me ~6 months. PTS - anything up to a year, depending on how many other PTS orders in that color were.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Up to $22k off MSRP when leasing (between $7500 fed. credit and the Porsche incentives they are pushing this month). Best deals I've seen. Super tempting if it wasn't for the fact that I have nothing wrong with my Turbo lol
Yea, for me it took 20 months of active searching to procure my Taycan. Looking at inventory today it seems mind blowing in comparison. I think it's safe to say, Porsche Taycan production finally caught up with demand. It will be interesting how things play out once refreshed Taycan arrives, will demand climb to outstrip production capacity again?

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yea, for me it took 20 months of active searching to procure my Taycan. Looking at inventory today it seems mind blowing in comparison. I think it's safe to say, Porsche Taycan production finally caught up with demand. It will be interesting how things play out once refreshed Taycan arrives, will demand climb to outstrip production capacity again?
EV demand in general is down accross the board. While EV availability, from almost every manufacturer, is up. I think it will be a little bit and will require a major catalyst (like gas prices tripling) to swing the other way.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

I am enjoying my Turbo but only a few months and only see that they can make it worse in the looks department, make some very minor incremental improvements, and increase the cost, which in fact they should decrease it given the market, by way of having more options standard for the base prices that went up substantially from 2023 to 2024.

I wonder what changes you are looking for in the refresh.

For example, I like seeing that the HUD will get augmented reality feature in the Macan EV (way to catch up to others that had it for years), but that alone will not swing me to get a refreshed model. Then new Macan EV will have a split battery that may be helpful with access to Tesla chargers. Otherwise, I am not seeing any major innovations from Porsche in the new models besides some very ugly HID headlights that cost $16k to replace per my dealer on the Cayenne that made it into the Panamera, then some improved PDCC tech in the Panamera. This is while we are still waiting on the full Matrix functionality in the US (not Porsche's fault but they should push for it with others).

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If Porsche want to justify increased prices, I wonder if there's headroom to turn up the power a bit in all variants, now that Porsche have a lot more data points logged by drivers of current models. If they did that, they'd better also offer it as an over-the-air upgrade for current vehicles, whether or not they charge for it.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
If Porsche want to justify increased prices, I wonder if there's headroom to turn up the power a bit in all variants, now that Porsche have a lot more data points logged by drivers of current models. If they did that, they'd better also offer it as an over-the-air upgrade for current vehicles, whether or not they charge for it.
An across the board OTA power bump would be an awesome flex for Porsche. I dont need the extra power but it would be very cool to show incremental value and tech capability in a way that is somewhat on-brand for the company.

Porsche, if you are listening……
Sponsored