Renegotiate pricing?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok. I could be wrong, but trying to understand what happens. So what happens after your frozen design mamba green MY23 Taycan gets rolled over to MY24? Do they tell you your MY23 is no longer available and you can now configure a new MY24, or do they automatically roll it over to either a random color or they tack on PTS+ price to keep it mamba green?
If an option disappears, you would have a chance to change the spec. Dealers will typically warn you of the risk of MY slip, and the fact that they won’t know final pricing until the production date is frozen.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
To the earlier point. If you think agreeing to a price, putting in a custom order, then going back using consumer protection law loophole to renegotiate is fair, then you must also think the reciprocal action is fair - you order a car at an agreed upon price, but when the car arrives the dealer finds another customer who offers more money for it, so they come to you and say “I already got an offer for $X over what we agreed, beat that if you still want the car”. To me personally, both are equally shady. Heck, if I was in the dealer position, I would agree to newly negotiated price, but start shopping the car around immediately, then when it arrive, take the higher price - what’s good for the goose… ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If an option disappears, you would have a chance to change the spec. Dealers will typically warn you of the risk of MY slip, and the fact that they won’t know final pricing until the production date is frozen.
What is the difference between design freeze and production day freeze? All this time I assumed it was one and the same since my Taycan seemed to only show one freeze date.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What is the difference between design freeze and production day freeze? All this time I assumed it was one and the same since my Taycan seemed to only show one freeze date.
Anytime before your car actually enters production, it can be delayed. When I got my GT4 allocation it was to be a my20, but delays pushed it to my21. Normally, the delays are apparent before you lock your build, though extenuating circumstances can cause later delays.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anytime before your car actually enters production, it can be delayed. When I got my GT4 allocation it was to be a my20, but delays pushed it to my21. Normally, the delays are apparent before you lock your build, though extenuating circumstances can cause later delays.
Interesting, thinking back to my contract with the dealer, should my model year have changed, they would have owed me money (there was a clause in there which put a monetary amount for breaking the contract, it was the amount of non- refundable deposit, but the way it was written it was a break fee for the contract, not by buyer).

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
since there is no mamba green in MY24
I had no idea until you wrote this that they'd discontinued several colors. Weird that they did that without adding new options.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I had no idea until you wrote this that they'd discontinued several colors. Weird that they did that without adding new options.
Very typical for Porsche to eliminate certain colors. They have been eliminating Mamba green on various models for years as an example.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
I still think people are confusing initial deposit, order freeze and delivery. You are telling me someone who ordered a mamba green MY23 Taycan can be surprised at delivery time with MY24 in one of the other colors (since there is no mamba green in MY24)? The post you linked was on Aug 14 that the deliver moved from aug 3 to sept 17 - delivery delay does not change model year, it’s even encoded in the VIN. I suspect the MY change occurred before the order freeze, so no surprises.
There is at least one person over on Facebook who ordered Cherry Metallic near the end of the '23 run and ended up with frozen berry. It's unclear where or when the miscommunication about the change happened, but I expect Porsche AG informed the dealer Cherry was no longer available who either ignored it or forwarded on the information to the customer who ignored it.
They added leather trimmed cup holders!

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
Very typical for Porsche to eliminate certain colors. They have been eliminating Mamba green on various models for years as an example.
Changing color options isn't unique to Porsche, for sure. Just curious to me that they removed some without adding anything else. I didn't even see the Mamba green as a PTS option, although they're a zillion variations on green that it's probably not that big a deal.

The real crime is that they removed the cherry color. If you like red you have just the Carmine (expensive!) or the berry pink as your only basic choices, and even if you want to shell out for the PTS your options don't increase much.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is at least one person over on Facebook who ordered Cherry Metallic near the end of the '23 run and ended up with frozen berry. It's unclear where or when the miscommunication about the change happened, but I expect Porsche AG informed the dealer Cherry was no longer available who either ignored it or forwarded on the information to the customer who ignored it.
I presume it was a customer from a country without access to Porsche order tracking? Something as obvious as a color change should show up not just in TYD, but even in the 4 stage tracking like in the UK. How did it end, did Porsche or dealer (whoever forgot to inform the customer) pay for repaint, wrap, or some compensation?

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
I presume it was a customer from a country without access to Porsche order tracking? Something as obvious as a color change should show up not just in TYD, but even in the 4 stage tracking like in the UK. How did it end, did Porsche or dealer (whoever forgot to inform the customer) pay for repaint, wrap, or some compensation?
The customer was in Ukraine so you assume correctly. The dealer eventually agreed to wrap the car.