RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
How long are people waiting for heater parts at UK OPC's - I'm 10 days in at Porsche South London hopeful later this week or I might just take the car back and put on an extra layer as can't stand the Enterprise replacement although it is warm!
Sponsored

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
How long are people waiting for heater parts at UK OPC's - I'm 10 days in at Porsche South London hopeful later this week or I might just take the car back and put on an extra layer as can't stand the Enterprise replacement although it is warm!
What was the initial repair time estimate they gave you?

South London are the same group (Jardines) as East London where I bought mine from.

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was the initial repair time estimate they gave you?

South London are the same group (Jardines) as East London where I bought mine from.
Porsche won't commit to a date or time my OPC had hoped 7 to 10 days it will be 10 days on Thursday

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
3 weeks.
Had the similar car from Enterprise Kingsbury & 69 reg!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Porsche Colchester last week. 9 days from reporting to pick up. Rubbish 69 plate bmw 2 series (but an awful mini suv version) not been cleaned as jet washers frozen apparently, and service light on…..

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Porsche Colchester last week. 9 days from reporting to pick up. Rubbish 69 plate bmw 2 series (but an awful mini suv version) not been cleaned as jet washers frozen apparently, and service light on…..
Colchester are also Jardines right ?

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
My heater has just gone down too, seems an alarmingly common issue....

I don't know if it's related but I also got the red electrical warning tonight. It's cleared up and gone away for now (just driven the car for 40mins to get home).

Does anyone know what is actually breaking in the heater system? Is it merely a broken hot air blower or is there an a more ominous underlying electrical fault? (that red electrical warning has got me a bit worried - could be coincidence but I've had the car over a year and never seen it before).

I'm just wondering whether to carry on driving my car until it is collected on 20th February. I'll have to pay for parking on the courtesy car so it's a bit of a pain in the bum doing that for 3 weeks on top of not hearing especially great raving over the courtesy cars...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My heater has just gone down too, seems an alarmingly common issue....

I don't know if it's related but I also got the red electrical warning tonight. It's cleared up and gone away for now (just driven the car for 40mins to get home).

Does anyone know what is actually breaking in the heater system? Is it merely a broken hot air blower or is there an a more ominous underlying electrical fault? (that red electrical warning has got me a bit worried - could be coincidence but I've had the car over a year and never seen it before).

I'm just wondering whether to carry on driving my car until it is collected on 20th February. I'll have to pay for parking on the courtesy car so it's a bit of a pain in the bum doing that for 3 weeks on top of not hearing especially great raving over the courtesy cars...
Just a warning on the red electrical error. Mine would not clear up with the PCM reboot, walk away and let the car sleep for 15, 45, hours. Car refused to clear. Ended up draining the 12v in the process. Had to tow to the dealership. Been there since 1/22/2023. They could not resolve the issue and sent a PRMS to Porsche for guidance. My research on the various forums, FB, etc has found that it is typically the HV Battery (some did have just a cell replaced and others the HV charger).

davidh

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T S
Country flag
Mine failed 3rd Jan, PTC heater is on back order and from conversations today with my dealer I'm not expecting my car back until end of Feb!.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Glad mine failed back in November then, back 3 days after they towed it.

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
update still no ETA from Porsche to the dealer on heater parts looks like its going to be a long haul!!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
update still no ETA from Porsche to the dealer on heater parts looks like its going to be a long haul!!
Is the dealer holding your car till the part arrives or are you driving with no heat?
Sponsored