FrozenGrey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Has anyone asked Porsche to compensate them for the inconvenience and additional costs incurred running a diesel ?

and if so did you succeed ?
Sponsored

TynesideTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone asked Porsche to compensate them for the inconvenience and additional costs incurred running a diesel ?

and if so did you succeed ?
I was advised by Porsche UK that I could claim up to £200 of fuel costs whilst using a hire car. Unfortunately I was told this after I returned the hire car and I hadn't kept any fuel reciepts.

Mac_Gaz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone thought about the lost/waisted time on warranty and other subscriptions such as Porsche Tracker, Porsche charging and other Porsche connect services?

if cars are going to be held at dealerships awaiting parts for 30 days plus (which is what I was quoted yesterday) then will they give a months credit to all subscriptions?

I’m currently undecided on how to play this. I’ve reported the heater fault and was given two options. The first to use Porsche Assist and give the car up until it can be repaired or to book an appointment to have the car diagnosed, they’ll then order the parts and let me know when to bring the car back for repair. Either way is a massive inconvenience!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I’m currently undecided on how to play this. I’ve reported the heater fault and was given two options. The first to use Porsche Assist and give the car up until it can be repaired or to book an appointment to have the car diagnosed, they’ll then order the parts and let me know when to bring the car back for repair. Either way is a massive inconvenience!
The latter option was the easy choice for me. I didn't begrudge them the diagnosis once they explained that potentially more than 1 part will need ordering/replacing. Though still very disappointing to have this failure (the only other car in my last 25 years that had any failure was...a Cayenne- battery died in its first few weeks).

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
I notified my local OPC about the heater issue and they advised me strongly to go via Porsche Assist to get it resolved. I phone PA, who were helpful (clearly not connected with Porsche !!), and within 5 mins got a call from Enterprise about the hire car they will give me. To my surprise, they said it would be a 5 Series or E-Class, so much better than the Lada Riva I was expecting. I was also told that OPC will get the car repaired quicker this way to reduce the hire costs with Enterprise. Remains to be seen if that's 3 weeks or 3 months though !

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Has anyone thought about the lost/waisted time on warranty and other subscriptions such as Porsche Tracker, Porsche charging and other Porsche connect services?

if cars are going to be held at dealerships awaiting parts for 30 days plus (which is what I was quoted yesterday) then will they give a months credit to all subscriptions?

My car has been at the dealer for the red electrical error since 1/21/2023 waiting on an HV Cell (part came and was wrong and still waiting on the replacement part). I opened a case immediately with Porsche NA. I am into month 2 without my car. There will be compensation paid for this, though not sure they will extend the services.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
I notified my local OPC about the heater issue and they advised me strongly to go via Porsche Assist to get it resolved. I phone PA, who were helpful (clearly not connected with Porsche !!), and within 5 mins got a call from Enterprise about the hire car they will give me. To my surprise, they said it would be a 5 Series or E-Class, so much better than the Lada Riva I was expecting. I was also told that OPC will get the car repaired quicker this way to reduce the hire costs with Enterprise. Remains to be seen if that's 3 weeks or 3 months though !
Just to update my post of 10th March - my 4S went into my local OPC on 16th March for the new heater to be installed and the car was delivered back to me yesterday. So all in all only 2.5 weeks (and I was on holiday for 12 days of this and so my hire car was sat in a car park at Heathrow).

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Friend of mine (not sure if he's on here) told me today he got £1500 from Porsche who had his car for 2 months for heater replacement

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Porsche Wolverhampton turned mine around in less than a week, well pleased 😊. However, it took Porsche Assist a week to get it to the dealer. Not pleased about that😡

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Does anyone know if Porsche are replacing the heater with the same part, or a different part? If it’s the same heater, then has it become more reliable and robust?

Some owners here have said they’ve needed to replace the heater multiple times.

i haven’t used my heater much, so need to check if it still works 😂

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Jumped in car today, 10 mins under belt, very chilly still, then it dawned on me, oh no, not again!

First noticeable cold day this year and think my heaters gone again. Just checked this thread and it was replaced in jan this year so not even made 12m. Anyone else Had this? Be ringing Colchester tomorrow but super miffed if it has gone again!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Jumped in car today, 10 mins under belt, very chilly still, then it dawned on me, oh no, not again!

First noticeable cold day this year and think my heaters gone again. Just checked this thread and it was replaced in jan this year so not even made 12m. Anyone else Had this? Be ringing Colchester tomorrow but super miffed if it has gone again!
Per recently released TSB : what counts is date the heater in your Taycan was manufactured:

If the date of manufacture is before February 14, 2023 (date of manufacture < 14.02.2023), the
electric passenger compartment heater must be replaced.
Heater needs to be manufactured within last 9 months of today, if TSB actually reflects the solution for heater failures during the past 3 years.

Last edited:

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My Jan 2022 supplied Taycan Turbo is presently in Porsche dealership for replacement heater …. I think it’s scheduled as a 5hr job! Dealer was prepared to do this work at short notice (hint towards lots of Taycans getting this replacement) but I convenienced them by dropping the car for 5 days while I was travelling so they could schedule the work with less urgency. Hopefully working heater and no impact to range which on Turbo winter driving is occasionally 10-15 miles less than I’d prefer!
Sponsored