Replacement vehicule during maintenance

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just curious, does your dealer lend you a vehicle when he has to immobilize yours for a few days?

If so, what type of vehicle did you get?

I'm a little curious because my Taycan was just immobilized for 2 days (software update), and I was offered a volkswagen golf on loan. I'm a bit surprised (at Audi I had an equivalent, or better) , but maybe that's perfectly normal?
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Always a loaner and always a Porsche. Golf is a great car but you should be getting at least a Porsche…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just curious, does your dealer lend you a vehicle when he has to immobilize yours for a few days?

If so, what type of vehicle did you get?

I'm a little curious because my Taycan was just immobilized for 2 days (software update), and I was offered a volkswagen golf on loan. I'm a bit surprised (at Audi I had an equivalent, or better) , but maybe that's perfectly normal?
It is generally a lottery as to which car they give you - no obligation to provide a Porsche.

Porsche sell too many cars these days and so have many customers cycling through for servicing needs and have a finite number of loaners - Porsche and other brands.

Least they've provided you with a vehicle which is part of the 'family brand (VW)'!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
A loaner car is typically complimentary, even for shorter one-day maintenance stops, and it usually is a Macan but sometimes a larger or faster Porsche. At least, that seems to be the US situation.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I did not get any loaner for the service recall update! Seems it varies between different Porsche dealers? The car went in last Tuesday for a one day recall update and is still there. They cannot get the car to communicate with their tools or the internet at all.

Porsche Germany seem to play silly games with them, because they have instructed the service department to take off the driver side door and replace all wiring?? Maybe Porsche Germany have some summer kids at the desk that are playing a prank? Frustrating since we had planned for a long road trip, which now looks to be cancelled.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Macan / Audi A6 AVANT / Taycan 4S for me.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Macan for me on the one big software update. Next recall appointment next Tuesday.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Taycan 4S

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had a Panamera SE Hybrid and Macan S. When my vehicle was in for over 4 weeks I got a Taycan 4S. I have been very satisfied with Porsche Stevens Creek, even with some hickups they treat me very well, even though I have no other Porsches and no prior relationship.
Sponsored