Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We've put an early access pass down on one of these, my wife loves the look of it and so do I! :rock:
Maybe wait a year or so for them to iron out all the undocumented features. It’s Renault after all 🤪
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope these help them to survive the next two years. They don't have a source of unending funds like Lucid and can't keep losing money at the rate they have been doing.
That source of unending funds that's building a 110 mile mirrored skyscraper in the middle of the desert and that just had to borrow $11 billion for budget overruns? That one?

p.s. - if I never post on here again, you know who got me.

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
R3X has the same problem as the Ioniq 5. Looks great in photos when you assume it's the size of a VW GTI, and then you find out it's the size of a VW Atlas

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
To be fair, they’ve been doing electric far longer than Porsche and we know how many ‘features’ the Taycan has 😂
Not to “go there” but:
- Lohner Porsche, BEV, cca 1900
- 919, EV hybrid, cca 2014, won LeMans a couple of times.

😁

Reactions: Art

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
To be fair, they’ve been doing electric far longer than Porsche and we know how many ‘features’ the Taycan has 😂
We've got a 72-plate Zoe in the family. Its Continental*-based EV bits are OK, but definitely have quirks especially on the charging front. It's particularly French = fussy as fudge. 😎

* the OEM rather than the land-mass

The R5 will be a lot more Renault in the motor/drives etc area. A very high French content. We will likely end up replacing the Zoe with one, but wait a bit for the inevitable teething issues to be sorted.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Not to “go there” but:
- Lohner Porsche, BEV, cca 1900
- 919, EV hybrid, cca 2014, won LeMans a couple of times.

😁
Sure but Renault has had a mass market production EV since 2012
We've got a 72-plate Zoe in the family. Its Continental*-based EV bits are OK, but definitely have quirks especially on the charging front. It's particularly French = fussy as fudge. 😎

* the OEM rather than the land-mass

The R5 will be a lot more Renault in the motor/drives etc area. A very high French content. We will likely end up replacing the Zoe with one, but wait a bit for the inevitable teething issues to be sorted.
There’s always gonna be some ‘French’ in there. But the software is based on Google and hopefully they’ll put learning from the Zoe into the R5. Anyway, my wife loves it so not sure I have a choice! 😂

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Contrarian perhaps (and just my opinion) but my immediate reaction was just a boring design with a std Tesla iPad interior - no interest for me.

My wife always describes Rivians as the truck with the ‘dead eyes’ - she’s not a fan of those distinctive headlights :)!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
my wife loves it so not sure I have a choice!
It appeals to me too. A Renault 5 was the first new car I bought around 1974 and I loved it. I eventually sold it to Lord Hesketh whilst I worked at Hesketh Racing for his wife to use!
Not sure my wife is suited to an EV, she often forgot to charge our cordless landline handset and her mobile is almost never charged (not that she often has it with her) and I can see it being my fault if she has a sudden impulse journey and it isn’t charged enough.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
This is all great except delivery of the first trickle of vehicles is first half of 2026….. THAT is a joke, I smell a repeat of MSRP gate that cratered their stock and reputation. AKA, I’ll believe it when I see it.

beefster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
R3X has the same problem as the Ioniq 5. Looks great in photos when you assume it's the size of a VW GTI, and then you find out it's the size of a VW Atlas
Jason Camissa mentioned it doesn't follow that Ioniq5 trait and suspects the length is around a Golf. It still seems a smidge too big for a hot hatch but I'm digging the overall looks. Wish the R3 came out before the R2, even though the R2 will probably sell better.
Sponsored