Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I’m shocked. 🤯

….they claim to be coming to Europe. The smaller ones might fit in our parking bays and multi stories. Just 🕺😅

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I like it. Got a cool Renault vibe but more Cyberpunk like. If the R3 is coming to Europe I would consider it as 2nd car

Porsche Taycan Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range IMG_2388

Last edited:

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
The R3 looks awesome. It has a nice side profile, slightly reminiscent to me of the MKII Golf in a very good way.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Hope these help them to survive the next two years. They don't have a source of unending funds like Lucid and can't keep losing money at the rate they have been doing.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
I owned R1T for a year. Was excited about it. Even picked it up from the factory in Normal, IL. The negatives of the R1T outweighed the pluses within a year.
1. very weak breaks
2. 3.0 0-60 in some kind of conditions i never could achieve. Always 3.3-3.8 range.
3. Suspension was loosey-goosey and noisy on small bumps when driving sub 20 mph. It felt like a 30 year old suspension.
4. Several visits to Service Center due to rattles or alignment.

The R3X looks nice, but if R2 is due in 2026, then followed by R3X sometime later, the company might go bankrupt sooner at current burn-rate.
They should have released the nice looking R3X yesterday to have a chance. The R2 is not too different from R1S.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I owned R1T for a year. Was excited about it. Even picked it up from the factory in Normal, IL. The negatives of the R1T outweighed the pluses within a year.
1. very weak breaks
2. 3.0 0-60 in some kind of conditions i never could achieve. Always 3.3-3.8 range.
3. Suspension was loosey-goosey and noisy on small bumps when driving sub 20 mph. It felt like a 30 year old suspension.
4. Several visits to Service Center due to rattles or alignment.

The R3X looks nice, but if R2 is due in 2026, then followed by R3X sometime later, the company might go bankrupt sooner at current burn-rate.
They should have released the nice looking R3X yesterday to have a chance. The R2 is not too different from R1S.
well, to be fair, after you started with "very weak brakes", maybe 3.3-3.8 is plenty already ;)

Maybe-Used

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID4 Pro-s
Country flag
In the context of the Taycan discussion, this illustrates the reality of how relatively easy it is nowadays to have powerful, neck-hurting acceleration. What is the role of a supercar in the world of electric vehicles? Having around 30 adjustable seat positions and an interior with rare materials is not the right direction for me. Weight reduction will be a much more significant differentiator.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am confused. Why there is a Renault badge on the car and why does it look like Renault 5?
Don’t really understand the brand Rivian. It seems just a marketing brand creation.