mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Long story short… I upped my budget from $115k-$140k. My RWD freeze date is in 2 days. My dealer has a GTS on the lot available (over budget but doable). Obviously, it’s my money, my choice and 1/2 will say stick with RWD and 1/2 will say GTS but my question is, is it possible to over-spec a RWD. I basically optioned every option I wanted and was practical. Theoretically, I would like to keep it and add a 911 to the stable when this is paid off so resale/trade-in value isn’t pertinent… BUT I’ve never kept a car the full length of the loan except of a Jeep Wrangler that became a fun vehicle.

http://www.porschecode.com/PP2Y33Q6
Sponsored

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Long story short… I upped my budget from $115k-$140k. My RWD freeze date is in 2 days. My dealer has a GTS on the lot available (over budget but doable). Obviously, it’s my money, my choice and 1/2 will say stick with RWD and 1/2 will say GTS but my question is, is it possible to over-spec a RWD. I basically optioned every option I wanted and was practical. Theoretically, I would like to keep it and add a 911 to the stable when this is paid off so resale/trade-in value isn’t pertinent… BUT I’ve never kept a car the full length of the loan except of a Jeep Wrangler that became a fun vehicle.

http://www.porschecode.com/PP2Y33Q6
Just my opinion but yes this seems over spec’Ed.
Exterior sport design package to me is unnecessary at this trim (and that’s 6k!).
Also unless you are doing a lot of highway or long distance driving then adaptive cruise control is also not necessary. Head up display to me is also over rated in this car. It doesn’t show you much. At this price I would personally go for the GTS because a lot of what you have is standard on that car including some race-Tex interior design options…

coolblknerd

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey, just checked out your build and it looks good! I have pretty much the same build (ended up at $118k) as yours coming in (still going through port processing I guess??) but the biggest difference I'm seeing in your build and mine's is that you have a lot more cosmetic upgrades versus performance upgrades.

Taking this into consideration, I don't think you can "over option" an RWD if you're adding changes to taste versus adding changes for performance. If it was all performance upgrades, then I would say look at a 4s or a GTS, but since that isn't the case, I would think you would end up making the same cosmetic upgrades to your build regardless of which model you decided to go with.

Hope this helps you out before your build freezes! Wishing you the best in your decision making!

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the GTS on the lot even specced the way you'd want? I mean, 130k is a lot to drop on an RWD, more than 50% of the base price in options.
Specs? Yes. Color? No. Not even close. It’s white… not even Carrera. 😬

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Here's my 2022 RWD - not that far from yours in terms of 2023 pricing. If I were to move to GTS It'll be way over budget since the stuff I want will still consider an add-on and there was no GTS availability I could find without waiting for a year back then, RWD allocation was immediately available.

http://www.porschecode.com/PNYVW213

Last edited:
OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just my opinion but yes this seems over spec’Ed.
Exterior sport design package to me is unnecessary at this trim (and that’s 6k!).
Also unless you are doing a lot of highway or long distance driving then adaptive cruise control is also not necessary. Head up display to me is also over rated in this car. It doesn’t show you much. At this price I would personally go for the GTS because a lot of what you have is standard on that car including some race-Tex interior design options…
Fair assessment. I will have a fair amount of highway driving so ACC is high in the list. Noted on the HUD - very well may drop that. The Sport Design package really only attracts me to it because it has the gloss black instead of the stock unpainted plastic but I can look at other options to maybe wrap the stock or unpainted Sport Design.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
If I was doing my RWD again, I'd add PTS. I don't even think I would twice about it. And having certain options, there are other must haves in my book- RAS, Mission Es, air suspension.
I think my "do-over" would be pushing about 130k with new prices.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I was doing my RWD again, I'd add PTS. I don't even think I would twice about it. And having certain options, there are other must haves in my book- RAS, Mission Es, air suspension.
I think my "do-over" would be pushing about 130k with new prices.
Are you referring to the Torque Vectoring?

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, Paint to Sample. Try it out on the configurator.
Oh RIGHT! I knew that and have played around a little bit but will give it another look.
Sponsored