OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I put my deposit down back in mid-March to secure my build slot, otherwise the waiting time was going to be too long.

How did your test drive go?
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I put my deposit down back in mid-March to secure my build slot, otherwise the waiting time was going to be too long.

How did your test drive go?
Test drive was fantastic.
Surpassed my (High) expectations.

My main concerns were that it may feel too big and that it may feel a little bit sluggish.

Both of these were absolutely fine when I took the test drive.
Real world driving, its every bit as quick as my M2.
And it doesn't feel big when you are driving it.

What did impress me was how serene and refined it was. Felt like driving a Bentley (I imagine).
Absolutely perfect for what I am looking for in my next car.

Added Bose - but happy with rest of spec now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I did get the Neodyme pack, not seen it but why not. Even I pulled out of the red interior eventually and went black.....maybe I will be a Grey car guy in a few years after all.......does it come to us all?
It could be a case of “when the chips are down” semi-conductor supplies are impacting all manufactures not helped by this week’s fire at one of the key production facilities. I suspect all orders will slip and the situation won’t improve until Q4 this year.

It’s not just the Taycan either - a friend spent a year debating a 911 S and then finally committed 3 months ago. Got told last week that he may not see his car this year.

Hopefully it all works out for you guys but there are some clouds out there.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
I've had Good news for my RWD build (Heavily optioned) that started last Monday 4/12 and completed build 4/19 (TYD expected completion not until 4/23) and today 4/20 was already in Emden. Doubt it will make Goodwood sailing next day 4/21, but expected date always fluctuating between 6/11 originally is now 6/4.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My Taycan build starts May 14 and is expected to complete on May 21.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Test drive was fantastic.
Surpassed my (High) expectations.

My main concerns were that it may feel too big and that it may feel a little bit sluggish.

Both of these were absolutely fine when I took the test drive.
Real world driving, its every bit as quick as my M2.
And it doesn't feel big when you are driving it.

What did impress me was how serene and refined it was. Felt like driving a Bentley (I imagine).
Absolutely perfect for what I am looking for in my next car.

Added Bose - but happy with rest of spec now.
Wow - that is great if you're comparing it favorably to an M2. Gives me confidence that the base taycan is more than enough for a fun daily driver

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wow - that is great if you're comparing it favorably to an M2. Gives me confidence that the base taycan is more than enough for a fun daily driver
I was intrigued after the test drive, so compared the acceleration times online and found that the only comparative 'rolling' time I could find (80-120kph) the RWD Taycan is actually quicker than my 2016 M2.

I absolutely love my M2 and have held onto it because there is nothing else (in budget) I preferred.
Normally I change cars every 2 - 3 years. The M2 charged that. It is a really great car.

However.....
when I got out of the Taycan and back into the M2 it felt like stepping from the future back into the present. First time I have ever got into my M2 without feeling 'this is my perfect car'. I wanted to keep the Taycan.

The Taycan is definitely a bit more a GT car and the M2 a sports car, but for what I am after it ticks every box.

I also think after the M2, the RWD Taycan is the best option for me, despite it being the entry level model.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have got two things I am unsure of on my RWD order, which are currently unchecked, but would appreciate any thoughts :

1. Sport Chrono
I don't really like the clock and wonder if it's really necessary for the drive modes?

2. Ambient lighting
It would be nice to have, but I am thinking the cabin is nice enough at night. And I don't drive a lot at night.

I am running a bit over budget already and just added Bose at the expense of these two.

Any input appreciated.
?

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@Fish Fingers Sports Chrono adds the GT steering wheel, clock, and Sports Plus and Individual drivings modes, which can be easily accessed through the dial on the steering wheel.

You can switch between Range, Normal and Sports mode through the PCM (dash). If you get air suspension, you can recreate Sports Plus mode by manually lowering the suspension. Sports mode allows for Launch Control.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I dropped Sports Chrono, as I’m gonna be driving or Normal or Sports mode. I went with Ambient Lighting to bring atmosphere to the cabin, but it’s a vanity option.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your replies....

I have specced air suspension, so no sport chrono will not be an issue then ?

And ambient had to go to allow Bose. But seems the right decision.

Thankyou

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I have got two things I am unsure of on my RWD order, which are currently unchecked, but would appreciate any thoughts :

1. Sport Chrono
I don't really like the clock and wonder if it's really necessary for the drive modes?

2. Ambient lighting
It would be nice to have, but I am thinking the cabin is nice enough at night. And I don't drive a lot at night.

I am running a bit over budget already and just added Bose at the expense of these two.

Any input appreciated.
?
Sport Chrono really isn't necessary, especially if you don't like the clock spoiling the dashboard. Ambient lighting is for sure a vanity option but definitely does make an all black interior look nice at night (poppy red ftw)

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I need some help deciding which finance company and PCP deal to go with.

I'm putting the car through my company to claim Corporation Tax, VAT and BIK; and plan to sell before 36 months are up on the PCP.

Porsche Finance:
  1. Deposit: £20,000
  2. PCP term: 35 months
  3. Interest: £9,824
  4. Monthly repayment: £882
  5. Residual: £46,589
  6. PCP cost after 36 months after CT and VAT: £37,000
  7. Total cost with purchase after CT: £74,800

Lombard:
  1. Deposit: £20,000
  2. PCP term: 36 months
  3. Interest: £7,070
  4. Monthly repayment: £921
  5. Residual: £41,200
  6. PCP cost after 36 months after CT and VAT: £38,800
  7. Total cost with purchase after CT: £72,100

Porsche Finance has cheaper monthly payments, but higher residual and interest.

Lombard has more expensive monthly costs, but lower interest and residual, which if the car sells for £46,589, my company recoups the difference of £5,389, for paying £1,800 more during the PCP lease.

Edit: as long as the car sells for more than £43,000 (£41,200 + £1,800), my company will recoup some money going with Lombard.

Porsche residual is based on the base Taycan RWD price £70,590. I presume Porsche have low-balled their residual, so the car should sell for more, with less depreciation.

Which finance option should I go with? Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Plan on losing £10K per annum for depreciation (worst case).

Take whichever is cheapest.

Why can't you make the residuals the same?

Comparison then is purely on APR.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@W1NGE good idea, I'll reach out to Lombard tomorrow to see if they can do like for like, and at the very least get me the APR. Out of the two options above, which is the better option in your opinion?
Sponsored