mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I cannot imagine being much happier with anything other than my RWD. Of all options the one I think adds the most value (to me anyway) is RAS. I also got the premium package, PB+, full leather, logo emblazoned on front seats, color crest in wheels, and a custom color. Try to balance cosmetics with performance upgrades. My cost ended up around $114K.
There’s no question that the speed of every variant above RWD is awesome. For me, it came down to a 4S with some options or a pretty decked out (aesthetically, anyway) RWD. Besides, as I already mentioned, maybe lower trade-in value will encourage me to pay it off and then ADD a 911 to the garage instead of getting the new car itch after 4 years, which seems to be my MO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great input by everyone! Thanks! If anyone is interested, I whittled some things down. This is the final build specs that I submitted this morning. Tentative build starts on 1/27 and delivery is tentatively scheduled for 3/10.

http://www.porschecode.com/PPCL7BB2

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Great input by everyone! Thanks! If anyone is interested, I whittled some things down. This is the final build specs that I submitted this morning. Tentative build starts on 1/27 and delivery is tentatively scheduled for 3/10.

http://www.porschecode.com/PPCL7BB2
Still a boatload of options but you should love it because of the personalization.

When you sell it, the key will be to do so privately. You will get the most value from someone else that loves the extras nearly as much as you do. The dealers will be “unkind” in terms of trade in value. Good luck….cant wait to see your delivery post.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still a boatload of options but you should love it because of the personalization.

When you sell it, the key will be to do so privately. You will get the most value from someone else that loves the extras nearly as much as you do. The dealers will be “unkind” in terms of trade in value. Good luck….cant wait to see your delivery post.
Theoretically… and I say that because I’ve only ever paid off one car in my life… I’ll keep it and add a 911 to the garage after it’s paid off. We’ll see… but it’s good motivation.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Theoretically… and I say that because I’ve only ever paid off one car in my life… I’ll keep it and add a 911 to the garage after it’s paid off. We’ll see… but it’s good motivation.
If you are financing, then important to really understand trade in values….the $40K in options wont convert 1:1.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you are financing, then important to really understand trade in values….the $40K in options wont convert 1:1.
Are you talking about when it comes time to the 911 or financing the Taycan? My goal would be to keep the Taycan when it’s paid off and then add the 911 as a 3rd vehicle to the household.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you talking about when it comes time to the 911 or financing the Taycan? My goal would be to keep the Taycan when it’s paid off and then add the 911 as a 3rd vehicle to the household.
You clarified my misunderstanding thanks.

My general view is that 1st gen vehicles like these Taycans will not be as compelling to own long term as gen 2 and 3…which is when the tech matures. So I keep thinking that most of us new Taycan owners wont have them 5 years from now. This is certainly not going to be true for everyone though. High likelihood that I jump ship once the Panamera or Audi A6 EV wagons hit the market. Although, I will be sure to grab a 911 full ICE before the end of the decade.