Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
The pictures makes me wonder why the product was not released earlier. The pictures includes the PCM before uPdate. I’m going to order them, what do you all think about the price. $110. Is the premium worth it over Ali Express ones?

javelincoach

First Name
Clifton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE55, Cupra Formentor VZ5
Country flag
I'm still in the stage of contemplating when I'm going to take off the "screen protectors" that came from the factory.
Mine stayed on for about three and a half months until the corners started curling and I couldn’t ignore it any more. Having it detailed every 2 weeks didn’t help.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
They're £94.45 n the UK.

I've spent a couple of months looking for some with little success. Just took delivery of some from the US (Screen Protector Tech). 2 sets delivered for less than that.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Is it necessary? My Model S went 10yrs without a scratch. Is the Taycan screen a different, more scratch prone, material?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
$3 worth of film for $100. Not bad. Unnecessary, but markets by scaring people. Has anyone on this forum ever reported a scratched screen? If so, please link, but also, would this film have protected against that scratch? This is not even tempered glass type protector which for heavily abused and dropped phones might actually be worth it. How often anything but people's fingers touch the PCM screen?

Below is an example of such marketing (from the amazon link in the post above). What do you think it would take to damage the screen as shown in the BEFORE picture? A session with a screw driver, perhaps a Dremel tool?
Porsche Taycan Screen protector now available on Porsche Store 1705390179115

Seriously, there is no way that the film in the lower picture took the same abuse as the screen in the upper picture and looked perfect afterwards. It's just FUD marketing.

OP
OP
allroadusa

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
I really don’t think such a film is useful in any case on static screens like the ones in cars. Maybe with exception of the horizontal lower screen.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really don’t think such a film is useful in any case on static screens like the ones in cars. Maybe with exception of the horizontal lower screen.
What could happen to the lower screen that a film would protect it? If you drop heavy objects on it (metal cup full of water for example), the screen is likely going to crack with or without film. There is very little I can image which would scratch the bottom screen (which has hardened glass) that a film could protect it from (tempered glass maybe). Perhaps a good question to ask would be whether the Porsche screen protectors come with any kind of damage insurance, i.e. if your screen does crack or gets scratched with the film applied, will Porsche replace the screen for free? Somehow I doubt it.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I can scratch Gorilla Glass just by looking at it.

And have kids in the car. Things get scratched that you would not believe they could touch.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can scratch Gorilla Glass just by looking at it.
Some icey stare you must have. ;)

And have kids in the car. Things get scratched that you would not believe they could touch.
If your kids scratch the small glass in the back of the Taycan, I assume they simply shred the leather, scratch all the panels inside, windows, roof liner or glass roof must be in danger to be scratched up too, etc. Are you covering the entire interior in film?
Sponsored