magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I bought the following (pricey!) screen protector set, and figured I would write a short review: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

I bought the set mostly because the stock screen surface shows fingerprints like crazy (especially the lower screen), but also because I'm a bit scared of scratching the screens.

The set comes with protectors for all potential screens: Dashboard, PCM, passenger, lower screen, rear A/C control screen. PCM and passenger protectors are exactly identical. Which means your passenger display protector can also serve as a spare for the PCM!

I so far have applied only the PCM and lower screen protector. This gives me the ability to directly compare the protected PCM screen with the identical but right now unprotected passenger display right next to it.

The good stuff:
  • The coating of the protector is indeed much more repelling of fingerprints. They don't even show up at first. After a while they will, and you will have to clean it, but it's very different from the stock screens which effectively show after the first touch after cleaning.
  • They are surprisingly easy to put on. I was expecting a nightmare of trying to push out bubbles, but the manufacturer did a really good job of creating something that effectively prevents bubbles from forming. See below for some very relevant advice on how to put them on.
  • They are very thick, so offer good protection.
  • The displays still look perfect, no noticeable filtering of colors or brightness or anything. But see below for reflectiveness.
The so/so:
  • They fit pretty well. But it's not perfect: At least for the PCM and lower display protector, they are slightly narrower than the actual screen, I'd say about a millimeter. Instead of "centering" the protector, I chose to perfectly align both protectors on the left side, so that the unprotected sliver appears on the right side. Especially with the PCM screen I felt that's less noticeable, since there's the transition to the passenger display anyway. Height-wise I did not have any issue.
  • The instructions (which you really should follow) say to first remove the black covering to uncover the adhesive, and then after placing the protector, remove the top blue covering that protects the protector itself. Only, it's impossible to tell which side is "black" and which side is "blue" if both are still on! I think one side was shinier than the other, but by now I've forgotten which... I had to lift a corner to check the color. Do not "test" for adhesiveness by touching.
The not so good:
  • The display surface is now significantly more reflective than without protector. I shined a wide light against both PCM display and passenger display at once, so that the light's reflection was directly visible to me. On the protected PCM display, the light was reflected very brightly. On the unprotected display, it was very noticeably dimmed, and I could see the structure of the LED light drivers I was shining on. I highly suspect that Porsche traded anti-reflection for visible fingerprints.
  • In practice, that means you do see more reflection of the car's interior when driving around, at least on a bright, sunny day. It does not bother me very much so far, though.
  • The price is really steep.

So am I happy? Overall, yes. They fulfill their duty, and overall look really good. So far their reflectiveness does not significantly bother me. I would not have done it if they weren't removable, but since they are, great.

I will probably not use the dashboard protector, but I will definitely add the one for the rear A/C display. I will probably use the passenger screen protector as a spare for the PCM display instead.

Finally, some useful hints for putting a protector on: Wear some gloves. Nylon, jeweler gloves, whatever. You'll kick yourself if you accidentally get a fingerprint on the adhesive. As for putting it on, follow the instructions. Especially, try to mostly make the protector stick in the center of the screen first. If you do, it will kind of "suck itself" onto the sides... neatly pushing out any bubbles! If you do have significant bubbles (which I had only with one), don't make the same mistake as me to try to push the bubbles out with the squeegee a lot. Instead, simply lift the protector, starting with the corner closest to the bubble, until you reach the bubble, and push it back down working from the center. The bubble will be gone. This is also where you really want to wear those gloves, as otherwise you'll easily get a fingerprint on the edge.

Finally, thoroughly clean the display first, and don't handle the protector with the adhesive covering removed to close to your clothes, to avoid trapping dust and lint on the adhesive, or generally between display and protector.
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for this. I've been hesitant to do this. Instead, I keep an eyeglass polishing swatch in the tray on my car door and at traffic lights (when needed), I clean the screens. Its takes a second, keeps me busy, and actually gets the endorphins flowing as I realize what a beautiful car I am driving. I think I'll continue with that strategy!

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
For the Suncoast screen protector set: the matte side is the “black” and the shinier side is the “blue”

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I bought the following (pricey!) screen protector set, and figured I would write a short review: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

I bought the set mostly because the stock screen surface shows fingerprints like crazy (especially the lower screen), but also because I'm a bit scared of scratching the screens.

The set comes with protectors for all potential screens: Dashboard, PCM, passenger, lower screen, rear A/C control screen. PCM and passenger protectors are exactly identical. Which means your passenger display protector can also serve as a spare for the PCM!

I so far have applied only the PCM and lower screen protector. This gives me the ability to directly compare the protected PCM screen with the identical but right now unprotected passenger display right next to it.

The good stuff:
  • The coating of the protector is indeed much more repelling of fingerprints. They don't even show up at first. After a while they will, and you will have to clean it, but it's very different from the stock screens which effectively show after the first touch after cleaning.
  • They are surprisingly easy to put on. I was expecting a nightmare of trying to push out bubbles, but the manufacturer did a really good job of creating something that effectively prevents bubbles from forming. See below for some very relevant advice on how to put them on.
  • They are very thick, so offer good protection.
  • The displays still look perfect, no noticeable filtering of colors or brightness or anything. But see below for reflectiveness.
The so/so:
  • They fit pretty well. But it's not perfect: At least for the PCM and lower display protector, they are slightly narrower than the actual screen, I'd say about a millimeter. Instead of "centering" the protector, I chose to perfectly align both protectors on the left side, so that the unprotected sliver appears on the right side. Especially with the PCM screen I felt that's less noticeable, since there's the transition to the passenger display anyway. Height-wise I did not have any issue.
  • The instructions (which you really should follow) say to first remove the black covering to uncover the adhesive, and then after placing the protector, remove the top blue covering that protects the protector itself. Only, it's impossible to tell which side is "black" and which side is "blue" if both are still on! I think one side was shinier than the other, but by now I've forgotten which... I had to lift a corner to check the color. Do not "test" for adhesiveness by touching.
The not so good:
  • The display surface is now significantly more reflective than without protector. I shined a wide light against both PCM display and passenger display at once, so that the light's reflection was directly visible to me. On the protected PCM display, the light was reflected very brightly. On the unprotected display, it was very noticeably dimmed, and I could see the structure of the LED light drivers I was shining on. I highly suspect that Porsche traded anti-reflection for visible fingerprints.
  • In practice, that means you do see more reflection of the car's interior when driving around, at least on a bright, sunny day. It does not bother me very much so far, though.
  • The price is really steep.

So am I happy? Overall, yes. They fulfill their duty, and overall look really good. So far their reflectiveness does not significantly bother me. I would not have done it if they weren't removable, but since they are, great.

I will probably not use the dashboard protector, but I will definitely add the one for the rear A/C display. I will probably use the passenger screen protector as a spare for the PCM display instead.

Finally, some useful hints for putting a protector on: Wear some gloves. Nylon, jeweler gloves, whatever. You'll kick yourself if you accidentally get a fingerprint on the adhesive. As for putting it on, follow the instructions. Especially, try to mostly make the protector stick in the center of the screen first. If you do, it will kind of "suck itself" onto the sides... neatly pushing out any bubbles! If you do have significant bubbles (which I had only with one), don't make the same mistake as me to try to push the bubbles out with the squeegee a lot. Instead, simply lift the protector, starting with the corner closest to the bubble, until you reach the bubble, and push it back down working from the center. The bubble will be gone. This is also where you really want to wear those gloves, as otherwise you'll easily get a fingerprint on the edge.

Finally, thoroughly clean the display first, and don't handle the protector with the adhesive covering removed to close to your clothes, to avoid trapping dust and lint on the adhesive, or generally between display and protector.
Man, if thats a short review I'm concerned as to what a long review looks like - just kidding - thx for sharing! :)

Have the same kit applied a year and a half ago now but only to the lower center console screen - just did not need it on the others which was a bit of a waste! - main reason was more for if I dropped something on the center screen but I also relooked at my screen and I def do not have the poor fit you mention i.e mine fits perfect edge to edge. Poss a manufacturing error?

Has weathered well with next to no 'aging' e.g. yellowing or clouding with time.

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
I think I order the one from screenprotech and hope it will fit perfect!👌👌👌

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think I order the one from screenprotech and hope it will fit perfect!👌👌👌
Don't worry they fit absolutely perfectly!

Just follow their directions and don't stress about any little dots that you can't get out, they will clear up with time as the moisture behind dries out. If you have any kind of a portable dehumidifier (like silica beads) place it inside your Taycan after you are finished to speed up the drying process! If not running the AC or heat could help too.

I thought I was going to screw up so I ordered an extra set, but they were super easy to install (start with easier panels like infotainment and the lower angled screen first leave the hard ones like around the steering wheel and the curved driver display for last) and I didn't need to use them. If anyone wants them for $75 PM me.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don't worry they fit absolutely perfectly!

Just follow their directions and don't stress about any little dots that you can't get out, they will clear up with time as the moisture behind dries out. If you have any kind of a portable dehumidifier (like silica beads) place it inside your Taycan after you are finished to speed up the drying process! If not running the AC or heat could help too.

I thought I was going to screw up so I ordered an extra set, but they were super easy to install (start with easier panels like infotainment and the lower angled screen first leave the hard ones like around the steering wheel and the curved driver display for last) and I didn't need to use them. If anyone wants them for $75 PM me.
I also just installed the Screen Protech ones and had similar experience. Very impressed with the cut and sizing of the individual pieces. I found it easier with each one I installed to be very generous with the liquid soap - helps eliminate drying with any fingerprints. I also ordered the extra set just in case. Ended up using 1 of the extras because I did get a piece of dust that caused a bubble. But overall, found the Screen Protech product to be the best solution. I first tried the Suncoast ones, but ended up removing them to replace them with the Screen Protech ones.
Sponsored