faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Anyone have luck with PPF applied to the screens? Gloss or matte.
I'm going to get it done next week on my to-be-delivered Turbo (due on Saturday), along with full exterior. I think the Xpel interior PPF kit will also include pieces for all of the glossy parts on the Taycan dash and doors. You can view it on the Xpel website.

So, I'll keep you posted on mine.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Guess I should update. My PPF installer put some film on my console screen and its been perfect for over a year.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know someone else mentioned the Suncoast one wasn't good - but I installed the full kit and to me it's perfect. Looks the same, easy to clean and protects all the screens. Install was easy - I just spent time to carefully clean to get no visible dust underneath. I especially like the rear protectors - as that seems easy to kick or hit when my kids sit back there.

So no issues here after a few months and would do it again.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I am looking for the screen protectors and really want tempered glass kind that works really well in the Cayenne. I wonder if you applied this and have feedback on it.
Thanks for asking. The glass screen protector slowly developed cracks on both edges as time went on. I'm not sure what caused it, but there were no impacts or anything that could cause small cracks. It is not very noticeable (the lights have to hit it at the right angle), but if you run your fingernail across it, you can feel it. 2/5 stars.
Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_6466
Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_6465

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would like some help to understand the screen sizes as I am trying to order the film for the screens as mine will have them all.

No confusion on the rear AC as it is called that way but no actual dimensions listed
Instrument cluster is called that way and listed in the size of 16.8 inch

but others are confusing on the size and description to order them on Amazon, specifically:

Front Climate Control
screen is listed at 8.4 inches and comes with 2 peices, can someone explain if this is correct and why 2 peices?

Navigation Display as description must be the center PCM screen and listed as 10.9 inch, is that right?

Infotainment Screen as description must be the Passenger Display screen (pictured with the product) with display size listed as 10.9 inch, is that correct size for it? Asking because on the new Cayenne the PCM is one size and Passenger Screen is smaller size.

Ideally wanted tempered glass and not TPU plastic as I like it on the PCM in the Cayenne and the film just melts into it with such easy install by the Ruiya brand, but this brand only does plastic film for the Taycan and not all screens, so I have to complement with unknown to me, LUWU brand, decided not to go with the Suncoast.

Anyone else ordered from one brand to cover all screens and happy with the results?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Hi everyone. I’m just curious why people think they need these. I’m a big supporter of them on phones, and always have one on my iPhone since it’s in my pocket with keys, coins, etc. and to protect against the inevitable drops.

Why do I need that in a car? Is it to make fingerprints less visible on the screens? That’s really the only benefit I see, and I keep a microfiber cloth in my center console for that.

Not criticizing anybody’s choices, of course, but I am just generally interested to know if there’s a reason that I am missing here.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone. I’m just curious why people think they need these. I’m a big supporter of them on phones, and always have one on my iPhone since it’s in my pocket with keys, coins, etc. and to protect against the inevitable drops.

Why do I need that in a car? Is it to make fingerprints less visible on the screens? That’s really the only benefit I see, and I keep a microfiber cloth in my center console for that.

Not criticizing anybody’s choices, of course, but I am just generally interested to know if there’s a reason that I am missing here.
Good question.
I covered the PCM in 2020 Cayenne with this tempered glass protector from Ruiya that I bought on Amazon, the reason I did it is to avoid scratches since it is so glassy and glossy to describe it and when it is off then any scratch would be visible. However, I did not put a protector on the rear 4-zone screen and sure enough my son scratched it most likely with a charge cable or his backpack dragging from one side to the other. It is very low and not visible to me, but I know it is there. Not OCD about it but now for the Taycan, I will have to have these things as my family will be operating the Passenger Display and rear 4-zone AC screen and they will certainly scratch it without the protection. Fingerprint wise, I find the the protector is much easier for wiping off the fingerprints as it is not glossy so even not a perfect wipe looks much better than a perfect one over a super glossy non protected finish. I actually do not like these protectors on the phones.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got mine from Suncoast, and they fit perfectly. The film is quite thick so it should protect the screen from damage up to a certain point, especially the one where you adjust the temps. It came with a protector for every screen, but since I don't the passenger display I have a back up film for the center display.
Screen protector

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I installed the Sun Coast screen protectors and the product has exceeded my expectations.

I was initially looking for simple protection, but there is a noticeable difference in the appearance of finger prints. Good quality, easy to install and smooth to the touch.

I definitely recommend the product if you are considering purchasing.
What's this on your rear view mirror?

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

See, I'm the opposite. I never use them on my iPhones (or iPads). The glass is so hardened, you basically have to drag it along the floor to scratch it. And I think phone screen protectors look terrible. But I also get new phones fairly frequently.

Most importantly though, I rarely notice fingerprints on phones or iPads. Be that because of their coating, or because of the angle I tend to look at them...

In the Taycan however, especially on the middle (climate) screen and the edges of the instrument cluster, those fingerprints are badly visible. It's probably because of a combination of:

• Coating,
  • viewing angle,
  • the fact that there's only a few defined touch points where fingerprints accumulate,
  • the background (which you usually don't touch, but your fingers end up in) is dark and forms a high contrast.

As a bonus, I prefer to have that care much longer than my phone, so a visible scratch would be worse.
Sponsored