Service campaign / software update notice

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
What was their response to the PCM issues?

Mines just been in and had the following updates:

WLG2 – Updating software for various control units. (Completed)

WLH5 – Checking plug connection for water drain hose and connecting if needed. (Completed).
TBH mate i spoke with a lady in the service department so no one technical, she asked what was wrong with PCM and i said everything its shit

have you noticed any improvements in the PCM since your visit?
Sponsored

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My turbo has the old 9J1 battery and I was expecting to be swapped into the V04, but my advisor says he ran my VIN and it is not indicated for my car. Is there any reason why that might be? I experienced the dead battery issue in spades.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
have you noticed any improvements in the PCM since your visit?
No it’s just as bad as it’s always been. I’ve contacted Porsche Connect as well to tell them how bad it is. They said they have had a lot of complaints but don’t have any answer at the moment. Same applies to how bad the Connect app is.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I had the update done last week while my wheels were being repaired from my curbing.
2 hours and done. No problems

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
No it’s just as bad as it’s always been. I’ve contacted Porsche Connect as well to tell them how bad it is. They said they have had a lot of complaints but don’t have any answer at the moment. Same applies to how bad the Connect app is.
doesn't fill you with confidence does it !

my hope is that after the update the Stereo stops muting and the comfort access opens the boot and frunk when I swipe
These will be a start

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
Ive had a letter today saying that my Turbo may leak condenstation from the aircon into the right hand foot well !!!!

so ive booked it into get looked at

also say “additional software updates for certain control units may be available”
Definitely get it done. Unfortunately I think my car started that recall. Had the rear passenger footwell completely soaked. They had my car for close to a week trying to figure out the source. Thankfully no problems since.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
No letter to me, quite happy though so even if I did get the letter I think i'll hang in for a bit before rocking the PCM boat!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
No letter to me, quite happy though so even if I did get the letter I think i'll hang in for a bit before rocking the PCM boat!
Letter today, but just for ac pipe and maybe some software updates... It’s already had a load of software updates, not sure if there is more or just the system has not caught up with the recent work. Or maybe just an ass covering statement as we know there is going to be loads of updates until things are sorted.

saying that ( touching wood) pcm and everything working fine at the moment

drtdvl

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo, 2020 AMG GT63S, 2018 Golf R
Country flag
I had the software update done and had to leave the car with the dealer for about 1.5 days.

The bigger issue(s) happening for me is the PCM. There is no data transfer between my car and the Porsche servers (so no real time traffic, no weather, etc.) I think everything worked for a day or two and then I lost connection.

My Connect app also doesn’t connect to the car so I cannot monitor charging and the Apple Music feature doesn’t work (although this is a minor issue to me).

I have been in contact with Porsche several times with a promise they will call me back with a status update but nothing yet.

Aside from that, the car drives great - couldn’t be happier.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag

Ive had a letter today saying that my Turbo may leak condenstation from the aircon into the right hand foot well !!!!

Oh FFS that happened in my car on Friday at the time I though huh.. odd..
now I'm annoyed.. I was 'demonstrating' a launch and the passenger complained his foot got wet.

argh..

dave.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
I had the software update done and had to leave the car with the dealer for about 1.5 days.

The bigger issue(s) happening for me is the PCM. There is no data transfer between my car and the Porsche servers (so no real time traffic, no weather, etc.) I think everything worked for a day or two and then I lost connection.

My Connect app also doesn’t connect to the car so I cannot monitor charging and the Apple Music feature doesn’t work (although this is a minor issue to me).

I have been in contact with Porsche several times with a promise they will call me back with a status update but nothing yet.

Have exactly the same issue since Friday

pierre_bezukhov

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, VW GTI
Country flag

I had the same problem post-WLG2 with Connect (which I use through the browser because the Android app sucks), lasting until today. The car data are finally visible in Connect.

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
They are clearly having issues with the air conditioning as my 4S has been in the shop for coming on two weeks now with a leak in an AC line. I can't speak to water in the rear footwell as nobody has been back there in a bit. And to think, I traded in my Tesla because I had too many problems with it...ugh. But love the way it drives, if only I could drive it.

Taycan_Rolf

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4
Country flag
I did the SW update today at my PZ (Porsche Zentrum) in Germany. I figured out the SW Version (all you can see on the PCM) doesn't changed. Was that update in the backend (controller etc) without showing a new SW update on the screen?
The technique guy from PZ told me the SW Update has happen...but I can't see it. Same experience to the others?

Porsche Taycan Service campaign / software update notice Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 18.33.39

Porsche Taycan Service campaign / software update notice Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 18.33.26

Porsche Taycan Service campaign / software update notice Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 18.33.39

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The screen only shows the PCM version, not the versions of the firmware on all the other ECUs in the car. You have to hook up a service tool like PIWIS to query all the ECUs for versions.
Sponsored