Service cost

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
So first post here

Took my Taycan turbo in for software update today, it’s 500 miles from 1st service apparently ……. £825

anyone know what gets done for £825 ?

Sounds utterly ridiculous to me, wtf can you service on a ev ?
Whatever you find out, please post here. There was something about mandatory drainage checks on the battery but other than that it is like an ICE car without the engine bits. Inspection, change the brake fluid. Probably not much else. Not sure what you will be getting for that money other than a very expensive Porsche stamp in your service book.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Whatever you find out, please post here. There was something about mandatory drainage checks on the battery but other than that it is like an ICE car without the engine bits. Inspection, change the brake fluid. Probably not much else. Not sure what you will be getting for that money other than a very expensive Porsche stamp in your service book.
ive actually got a copy of what’s done from a friend (Porsche document) promised not to share it though as it may cause him trouble

Suffice say the only thing beyond the VERY basic inspection / report of things like brakes, suspension, tyre, wiper blades condition done as dealers quote is to replace the particle filter, the Porsche document states it not even “wheels off” - honestly its a 5 min basic check list at most

if that’s £825 worth this is the last Porsche I buy ! I have a long history of Halo / gt models and have even raced the brand, not that Porsche dealers seem to care about loyalty these days

basically this is blood money for a stamp in the book as far as I can tell

On top of service it needs x4 tyres, worn almost to cord on inside edges, £720 for alignment that clearly wasn’t done properly at factory or pdi ……….. I can get same tyres at 50% their quote and the guys that look after my race cars (CCGB experienced team) can 4 wheel align for £150

Jonno1234

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
Country flag
sutton opc
I have put down a deposit on a ct4s but have not yet received an allocation, let alone a build slot.. Time to cancel,I think,having made some investigation now into servicing.
The Audi e tron GT is built on the same drive train and chassis and the servicing is a tad less than HALF than Porsche want for the same job,consisting of very little,it seems.

I had been prepared to pay a bit of a premium for the Porsche name, after all, it's a Porsche, right ? Servicing cost, however, seems to be less along the lines of "We are Porsche, different,prettier and worth paying more for" than
"Hey,you look like you've got some money and a dash of stupidity, so we'll charge you twice the price for sweet f*** @ll".
No thank you. I'm off to Audi for the same car (pretty much) that is just as good looking in a different way , even if (as reviewers would have it) "the steering isn't quite as sporty with a tad less feedback than the Taycan". Nothing much else appears to be so different that it makes a real world difference and unless you are actually going to chuck the thing round a race track regularly then , frankly, I tend to think now that only a mug would buy a Taycan or even a CT ( I don't need the
bootspace )instead of an etron gt.
One thing.......the residuals are probably better for the Taycan, but this insult to its customers makes me not give a toss.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I agree with your sentiment and reasoning, but then calling everyone who buys a Taycan a 'mug' is ridiculous.

And using your argument, even with the 2 year rip off servicing, the cost pales into insignificance on overall ownership cost if the residuals are much higher.
Assuming your purchase not lease?

Most recent article I have read on Taycan v Etron GT (noting that the Porsche gets the verdict).

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/e-tron-gt/356077/audi-e-tron-gt-vs-porsche-taycan-4s

And just because you don't need the boot space of a CT doesnt automatically make people who do need it 'mugs'.

Jonno1234

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
Country flag
I agree with your sentiment and reasoning, but then calling everyone who buys a Taycan a 'mug' is ridiculous.

And using your argument, even with the 2 year rip off servicing, the cost pales into insignificance on overall ownership cost if the residuals are much higher.
Assuming your purchase not lease?

Most recent article I have read on Taycan v Etron GT (noting that the Porsche gets the verdict).

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/e-tron-gt/356077/audi-e-tron-gt-vs-porsche-taycan-4s

And just because you don't need the boot space of a CT doesnt automatically make people who do need it 'mugs'.
All very cool and pragmatic IF you are comfortable with such a blatant rip off.
You clearly are.
As for "gets the verdict".... ....more than once but not by everyone and usually its "pick your flavour" or some such. Not particularly overwhelming, and not sufficient, in my view, to accept what even you seem to acknowledge as a rip off.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
ive actually got a copy of what’s done from a friend (Porsche document) promised not to share it though as it may cause him trouble
Are you saying what line items are performed as part of the service is a secret from customers?!? I've owned a number of cars, including Porsche a while back, and what the service included was never a secret. When did that change?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
You clearly are.
As for "gets the verdict".... ....more than once but not by everyone and usually its "pick your flavour" or some such. Not particularly overwhelming, and not sufficient, in my view, to accept what even you seem to acknowledge as a rip off.
You can expect premium running costs from Porsche it has always been the same. Think you are doing the right thing in choosing a cheaper alternative if the numbers are prohibitive for you.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sounds like another case of some internet trolls to me. If you can get tires cheaper than Porsche, then go get them. Who is stopping you? Porsche does not care where you get your tires from. Calling people things and being mad that they chose to buy a Taycan already dismisses the credibility.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You clearly are.
I do admit the service cost appears to be total rip off.

And I do also like the Etron GT and get why you may prefer it.

Pay your money, take your choice.

But, I won't be posting on the Audi forum telling them that they are all mugs for picking the car that will likely depreciate the most.

Out of interest, I wonder how much difference that is likely to be over say 4 years compared to likely difference in servicing?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I don’t know what it is like in the UK but here in the US service costs are dependent on the dealer. NYC being almost double what dealers in NJ charge. Tyres also was more than double in dealership than in tyre shop, sometimes they do price matching though. I had a 2012 Jetta GLI back in the day and the 40k miles service in NYC including brakes cost me 2,700$.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
In the US we call them "stealerships" because they are known to engage in ridiculous price gouging for service.

I haven't seen anything mentioned in this thread that couldn't be handled by a reputable independent shop that specializes in Porsches, likely at a third the cost, in half the time, and done twice as well.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
In the US we call them "stealerships" because they are known to engage in ridiculous price gouging for service.

I haven't seen anything mentioned in this thread that couldn't be handled by a reputable independent shop that specializes in Porsches, likely at a third the cost, in half the time, and done twice as well.
You lose warranty if the services of the car aren’t done at Porsche -in Europe. ?‍?

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
You lose warranty if the services of the car aren’t done at Porsche -in Europe. ?‍?
Holy macaroni, a consumer protection that we have in the US and you don't have in Europe?!
Sponsored