Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Team Taycan. Are these sport side skirts worth it? I didn't pay much attention to it but started seeing posts about the standard skirts being more plastic looking.

I am getting a black Taycan 4s so perhaps the standard should be just fine (since black anyway)

Thoughts?
Sam

Porsche Taycan Side Skirts -- worth it? Screenshot_20220330-231307_Chrome
Sponsored

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you're getting black, you won't even notice or see the differene as there won't be a contrasting stripe. My white 4S has the regular black side sills - never give them a second thought. My own opinion is the color adds too much 'busy'. That can depend on other parts, like the wheels you pick. As always, it's your car so you should like love it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Team Taycan. Are these sport side skirts worth it? I didn't pay much attention to it but started seeing posts about the standard skirts being more plastic looking.

I am getting a black Taycan 4s so perhaps the standard should be just fine (since black anyway)

Thoughts?
Sam

Screenshot_20220330-231307_Chrome.jpg
Not worth it plus they aren't colour coded.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If you're getting black, you won't even notice or see the differene as there won't be a contrasting stripe. My white 4S has the regular black side sills - never give them a second thought. My own opinion is the color adds too much 'busy'. That can depend on other parts, like the wheels you pick. As always, it's your car so you should like love it.
Thank you. Very helpful!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have them. I agree that it is very subtle and not worth $1K. But it is a small improvement over stock, especially in the lighter colors like silver and white. I really just wanted more color in the lower half, and this gets some down there.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have them on my Jet Black Metallic Taycan and am happy I got them. Even though you don't get the contrasting color, the shape is slightly wider so does give a little more aggressive look overall. Worth $1k? Probably not, but I would still buy them again if I was ordering.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No. More paint to get damaged by road debris.

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
Looks much better with in my view! Draws the eye down so car looks lower and wider IMHO. And they are in fact colour coded re a strip in the middle - lively touch vs standard plastic. Would order again 100%. That said can also be retrofitted.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
They look fine either way, the side skirt is neither intrusive nor disruptive to the line. And it does make the Taycan a bit sportier and more special.

Totally off-topic here, but I hate the side skirt for the Jag F-type (R), totally ruin the beauty of the clean line/shape.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Once I get the car, will look and make a decision. To an earlier post, I can always add later via 3rd party. Suncoast?
Sponsored