Sill guard / protection recommendations?

ebdreyer

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, audi, lexus
Country flag
Anyone have any good ideas? I really do not want to scuff up the sills over the next few years. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Last edited:

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I’ll be getting some, 1st trip to valet, forgot to say don’t even look at the piano black areas as even that will scratch it….Now when sunlight shining on it I feel physical pain from the micro scratches. Not nannying that crap for 4 years. Whoever puts piano black materials in a car that have a hardness rating less than a blancmange needs a stern talking to 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I’ll be getting some, 1st trip to valet, forgot to say don’t even look at the piano black areas as even that will scratch it….Now when sunlight shining on it I feel physical pain from the micro scratches. Not nannying that crap for 4 years. Whoever puts piano black materials in a car that have a hardness rating less than a blancmange needs a stern talking to 🤬🤬🤬🤬
There's some sort of piano black conspiracy at work - all the manufacturers are doing it. Someone is getting very rich off the back of the blasted stuff, and I bet there's none of it in his Lake Como villa...

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's some sort of piano black conspiracy at work - all the manufacturers are doing it. Someone is getting very rich off the back of the blasted stuff, and I bet there's none of it in his Lake Como villa...
Hahaha, so stupid. I took my CT on some incredibly rough highland tracks, got it coated in mud and it handled all with aplomb for the “lifestyle” vehicle it is. But can it handle a soft cloth? Can it feck 🤦‍♂️

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I want to apply some sort of protection as well. Have yet to remove the factory protection after 4000km 😂

What’s stopping me is fear of the soapy water will find its way into the electronics behind the displays. Is there any obvious ways to avoid this? I would prefer to remove the factory protection before 5000km…

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want to apply some sort of protection as well. Have yet to remove the factory protection after 4000km 😂

What’s stopping me is fear of the soapy water will find its way into the electronics behind the displays. Is there any obvious ways to avoid this? I would prefer to remove the factory protection before 5000km…
I didn’t have my displays done, only the dash piano black and area below the main binnacle (they did the buttons too) so any soapy water would have been below the displays (didn’t get the centre touch screen done as no need for that). See what you mean though, did have a few drips on my leg on the way back from the coater.
Sponsored