Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I had to do a quick trip today, 91 miles out and back (plus a few extra miles due to wall to wall traffic and skirting to a different freeway that at least moved). Screen shots midway through and at the end of the trip. The car was 99% SOC at the start and finished about 40%. The first half was mostly freeway driving (CC set at 70 mph) and you can see the greater efficiency in the relatively low kWh/100 mi.

The way back wasn’t as consistent, some traffic in town, a bunch of freeway but with traffic, some stop and go, and some more city traffic for kicks. With no attempts at hypermiling (accelerating to pass trucks, averaging 5 mph above speed limit, AC running the whole time, music blasting), I averaged ~3.2 mi/kWh (over ~186 miles, with another 83 left in the cells). It’s no 1800 mile road trip but a good few hours of driving giving a pretty good approximation of one leg of a day’s road trip ..I’m quite pleased and impressed by the efficiency while not even trying. And then of course is the performance! Just...wow.

P.S. to anyone who is debating the Bose, it really impressed me with clear highs and lows and filling the cabin well (whether listening to grunge, punk, rap, jazz, or classical — and yes I did all of that today, I have eclectic tastes). Sure the Burmester is going to trounce it for overall quality, but for me it isn’t worth the cost of a quality home audio system for a car, and when the Bose sounds this good...OK pics of the trip info:

Porsche Taycan Small road trip, EPA says what? 849C3CA7-2416-47C4-BF21-C21B0C0CE95C

Porsche Taycan Small road trip, EPA says what? 931410E7-F8E0-4BC4-B99B-0FB048D7B13C

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My car likes to be driven at night with less AC demand. I see ~29KWH/100 mile in Range Mode.

OP
OP
Dlurker20

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Follow up...same route but avoided the freeway work around saving 3 miles of circuitous driving. The real BUT this time is that it isn’t a gorgeous October day requiring air conditioning to cool the car, instead it’s running the heat the whole time while the external temp went from 34F to 36F (1C - 2C). So it’s cold outside, heater running inside, full trip speed was slightly faster, and I end the trip with 49 miles remaining (at 20%) versus 83 last time. I’m happy I can do this route not needing to charge along the way, but I will continue to watch in the future! It’s nice to have a consistent path to be able to evaluate efficiency changes with the changes in ambient temperature (and slight changes in driving conditions / behaviors).

Porsche Taycan Small road trip, EPA says what? 56AB88E6-E131-4C1C-A6E8-B9CA1AD2D44B
F
Sponsored