Smart Lift occasionally not working; saved lift locations in Antarctica

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After 18 months of no problems, in last several weeks Taycan Smart Lift did not work occasionally at saved location near my home.

Activate Smart LIft checkbox was checked, approach speed was low, no message indicating Smart Lift not working. The saved locations were present in the saved locations list.

But there were several lift locations in the list titled "OffRoad", with map coordinates. I looked up the coordinates and they were in Antarctica. Coordinates were like 39 W 84 S, to six decimal places. I found that if I looked up 39 N 84 W, the locations would be identical to the correct lift locations I had saved.

No idea how these "offroad" Antarctic locations got added to my Smart Lift saved locations list.

I deleted the offroad entries by swiping them to the left, got a message that the locations had been deleted, but they remained in the list. A day later the entries were gone.

Don't understand why Smart Lift occasionally doesn't work now after 18 months of no problems.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this is hard - I was in Antartica this past winter (summer there) - there are no EV charging stations there - so you'll only need the lift to work "once" and then flatbed/litterially-ship the vehicle across the drake straight back to the main land…you'll then need to clean the penguins guano from wheels and underbody to get rid of the "antartica armoa therapy" from the vehicle's exterior (hopefully you didn't track it into the interior)…

Porsche Taycan Smart Lift occasionally not working; saved lift locations in Antarctica au0212233 2023-02-17-0398

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I had wondered if maybe the saved lift locations in the Taycan you took to Antarctica got routed to my car.
Sponsored