Smart lift disappeared

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Tried your suggestion.. no change..
BTW the Autolift stopped working about 2 weeks ago. As of 24 Jan, the car does not connect to the Porsche Server. Taking it to the dealer next week..I’m getting concerned about these “cascading” issues starting to pile up.
my smart life is back at working randomly: it lifts automatically at spots previously saved, but 70% of times does not offer to save new locations where I activate it. also appears and disappears from PCM when car is parked without any action (short video here).
just more the usual Porsche glitch...
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
Hi all, I still don't have my smart lift showing on any screens and now it no longer automatically raises so I have to remember to lift the car in the appropriate areas. Not a big deal, but super annoying after it worked for a few weeks when I first got the car. Has anyone figured out a fix yet?

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I have an appointment at my dealer next wed for this. You can see in my video up here that on my parked car, smart lift randomly appears and disappears from PCM. Same as for you, it no longer lifts the car at memorized spots. Or it does it only occasionally. I will report back.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Had our car in yesterday; a small but efficient and helpful dealership.
Our Smartlift functions are now all back. The menu is where it should be be and the previous saved locations were back, without having to re-enter. The solution was the now infamous Terminal 30 reset procedure.(detailed elsewhere in this forum).
Prior to doing that reset, the car was not communicating properly with the Porsche server..it could not establish a VAL code? A procedure which involved removing Fuse#8, locking the car and waiting 15min, turn car on and created a VAL(?), then reinstalled the fuse...solved that.
So today all seems normal ..MyPorsche app is communicating, and I was able to login my wife as a secondary user. Essentially it looks as if they did a real basic hard reboot, to get the computers coming online in the right sequence.
The question remains why all this happened in the first place..will it happen again? ?.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had the car for about 6 weeks now MY22 4S. Smart lift worked perfectly until the last couple of days. Now the menu has disappeared and unlike what some are reporting, the car does not raise at previously saved points. It also does not offer to save at new places. How frustrating.

Interestingly I was advised to delete the Porsche connect app. I just did it a couple of days ago and it seems like smartlift disappeared round about the same time. I now am using my Porsche only.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello.:
Did they fix it for you?
I have the same issues!
Sorry, I don't visit the Forum all that often. My smart lift fixed itself. I have a whole host of other issues, none of which Porsche seems to be able to correct, but the smart lift just appeared and is still there...well I think, the dealer has had my car since January 28th trying to fix a lighting (headlight) error.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
It got fixed for me too. In my case, dealer explained they tried to replicate the problem a few times. After two days, the concluded the front left sensor needed to be replaced (thankfully parts here arrive in 12-24 hours)

ps. as a side bonus PCM was upgraded I think (my turbo is my20). The user interface is far more responsive now (not as quick as the PCM I have in the new tts but good enough) . Anybody else has experienced it?

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared 1645626672497

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
SmartLift disappeared on my 2020 4s about a week ago. Still waiting for it to magically reappear...

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Mine was erratic at first and has been MIA for several months. Car has been at the dealer over two months in total (mostly while away on trips) and a dozen times while I wait between 30 and 90 minutes while they strap it to the PIWIS … No improvement even though they have changed plenty of hardware (mostly electronic but also mechanical) … :headbang:

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Did the terminal 8 reset procedure and Smart Lift reappeared in the menu.

1. Remove the panel on the left side of the instrument cluster. Found it easiest to unclip from the bottom.
  2. Remove Fuse 8
  3. Lock your car and walk away for 20 mins
  4. Turn On the car without the fuse
  5. Reinsert Fuse 8
  6. Allow the PCM to fully load and reconnect to data servers
  7. Turn Off the car
  8. Reinstall panel by aligning tabs and pushing the panel back in
Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 4.45.47 PM

Jguadal

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I had the same problem with my 2022 Taycan. During an upgrade the option disappears. I took my car to the dealer and they told me the problem is that the Satélite is not available for my area..but I understood this option use the same satélite of the Navigation Map System. I missed. Do you know if this option use the same satélite ? Maybe I am wrong.

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I just ran into this as well. Option has completely disappeared from my settings but has been working fine for the past 5 months :(
Sponsored