Smart lift disappeared

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
WTF. I just got my car last week and I can't find the Smart Lift option! What now?
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
WTF. I just got my car last week and I can't find the Smart Lift option! What now?
What year car? Is it updated? Have you enabled it in the settings?

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I may be incorrect, but I think the smart lift is also tied into GPS connection. If the car is not getting a GPS connection, then there is no smart lift function available.

I am only stating this as it appears to be the case based on my observations. Maybe it is different for you.

I have notice that when I leave my covered car park, I do not have smart lift until the GPS signal is activated. I also have noticed that when I do return to the covered car park, the smart lift activates as normal, but acts very funny when inside and does not always lower the car as programmed. It only acts funny when the line of sight to GPS has been interrupted.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What year car? Is it updated? Have you enabled it in the settings?
The setting isn't even in the menu! Maybe, as per above, it is because car is parked in my garage? My Taycan is a 2022.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The setting isn't even in the menu! Maybe, as per above, it is because car is parked in my garage? My Taycan is a 2022.
Just took delivery of my 22 Taycan in BC. Also no smart lift! Will be email the dealer on Monday!

Do you have have the all wheel drive display in the instrument cluster (torque split)? I dont have that neither

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just took delivery of my 22 Taycan in BC. Also no smart lift! Will be email the dealer on Monday!

Do you have have the all wheel drive display in the instrument cluster (torque split)? I dont have that neither
I'm also in Vancouver. I just hopped into my car for you. No I don't have all wheel in the display. See photos.

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared IMG_2656

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared IMG_2657

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hey there,

Just wanted to say mine just did the same today. I got the “smart life” on my 20 after the WMA5 update. I noticed sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Tonight it didn’t and when I went to look for the setting it had disappeared. I will report if it reappears.

What fun, Shrodinger’s smart lift function….
How did your smart lift eventually come back?

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
How did your smart lift eventually come back?
seems to be a common issue this month? Just took delivery of CT 4 on 23 Dec. unable to register login, no SmartLift or Torque Split display. Also in BC too..

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
seems to be a common issue this month? Just took delivery of CT 4 on 23 Dec. unable to register login, no SmartLift or Torque Split display. Also in BC too..
I am logged in though so don’t know why I don’t have smart lift. Can’t find a Porsche Pro who knows why.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Repeated what I wrote on another thread…got my SmartLift back

Following a couple of days not being able to access login, and reading this forum (thanks members!!) I have had some success with the Login function! Hopefully this helps other owners.
- I had both the Porsche Connect app and My Porsche app on my phone. So…

1. Deleted both apps off my phone. Turn phone off then on, and reinstalled the MY Porsche app only.

2. Went to car with only my key and phone and logged in successfully! Don’t forget your 4 digit pin . A bunch more functions activated, along with over the air updates. ?

3. SmartLift came available.?

4. Flashing red led by the SOS button is now solid green.?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Repeated what I wrote on another thread…got my SmartLift back

Following a couple of days not being able to access login, and reading this forum (thanks members!!) I have had some success with the Login function! Hopefully this helps other owners.
- I had both the Porsche Connect app and My Porsche app on my phone. So…

1. Deleted both apps off my phone. Turn phone off then on, and reinstalled the MY Porsche app only.

2. Went to car with only my key and phone and logged in successfully! Don’t forget your 4 digit pin . A bunch more functions activated, along with over the air updates. ?

3. SmartLift came available.?

4. Flashing red led by the SOS button is now solid green.?
Why did you feel the need to delete both apps?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Reappearance of Smart Lift and other features is due to being able to login at the PCM.

There is no dependency on having either App installed or indeed working reliably - to make it so would lead to chaos.

9 times out of 10 neither app or website will guarantee access to my car and for me is generally useless. As I can login to the car I have access to all of my subscribed Connect services and Smartlift is always available.

It would help us all if Porsche simply came clean and published a set of pre-requisites to take the guess work away.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why did you feel the need to delete both apps?
i read on another post that there may be a conflict having both apps on the same phone, when doing the Porsche ID login process. Not sure if it was luck or coincidence, but what I did worked for us. Now have my profile and my wife’s profile on the Porsche ID. Smartlift is now available, but I haven’t seen the Allwheel (torque split) display on Tube 1. ( Porsche Pro checking their demo MY22 CT4 ).

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reappearance of Smart Lift and other features is due to being able to login at the PCM.

There is no dependency on having either App installed or indeed working reliably - to make it so would lead to chaos.

9 times out of 10 neither app or website will guarantee access to my car and for me is generally useless. As I can login to the car I have access to all of my subscribed Connect services and Smartlift is always available.

It would help us all if Porsche simply came clean and published a set of pre-requisites to take the guess work away.
Agreed..the transition has been awkward .. but its home now!!

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared C1A18697-D0BD-4FD1-B5DD-63EEFD78D47F

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am logged in though so don’t know why I don’t have smart lift. Can’t find a Porsche Pro who knows why.
Did you go to Settings + Vehicle …and scroll almost to the bottom ??mine was second from the bottom .
Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared DE13A838-80E5-4912-B313-98ABBF5C4871
Sponsored