So based on the new EPA "Range" are you cancelling?

Are you going to cancel your Taycan Order?

• Total voters

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Almost all motoring forums are now slating and bad mouthing Porsche for the 200 mile range announcement made yesterday. It seems like really odd timing - only this week were the 4S reviews posted and they were all completely positive about the car to the extent that some even said it was better than a 911!

3 days later and everyone seems to think Porsche have completely messed this one up. I must admit I am a little nervous and anxious around all this negative press now - we could end up taking delivery of early cars only for Porsche to make a major update 3 months down the line with another 100 mile range added!

Are you keeping your order or cancelling?
Sponsored

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I didn't placed the order yet, but I'm in a lot of doubts now. But it's a performance car, so range doesn't need to be a issue. But, I drive a lot, with my Tesla Model 3 since June, I already driven 32.000kms! So, long road trips of 200-500km will be driven with my Porsche Taycan. But, it doesnt have a good Superchargers network like Tesla have yet, so I don't know yet.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
In all honesty what range was everyone expecting?
i based my order on the fact the Etron has a 200-220 mile range, will be using a lot of the same componants regards the battery, is heavier, less aero dynamic and uses a modified Q7 chassis
The Taycan is more powerful, better weight distribution and has better battery management so i think 220-250 miles was realistic, it may improve with updates
also the 4S will have better range than the turbo due to power and the smaller wheels

Tesla's range is better but after speaking to people who have owned them they struggle to get the advertised range and lose loads of range in the cold weather.
After watching the 4s reviews i think Porsche purposely chose Finland as a choice for launch to show what they can achieve with the battery with sub zero temps

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Im just feeling slightly sceptical in spending over £100,000 on something with such negative sentiments pretty much everywhere now....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Almost all motoring forums are now slating and bad mouthing Porsche for the 200 mile range announcement made yesterday. It seems like really odd timing - only this week were the 4S reviews posted and they were all completely positive about the car to the extent that some even said it was better than a 911!

3 days later and everyone seems to think Porsche have completely messed this one up. I must admit I am a little nervous and anxious around all this negative press now - we could end up taking delivery of early cars only for Porsche to make a major update 3 months down the line with another 100 mile range added!

Are you keeping your order or cancelling?
Range is not relevant if you can charge back up quickly. Check out youtube videos about faster overall travel time with more but faster charging stops. This is where Taycan is the BEST EV ever!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Im just feeling slightly sceptical in spending over £100,000 on something with such negative sentiments pretty much everywhere now....
The negative sentiments come from stupid T fanboys who mostly never even had a look a the Taycan! If you just listen to the people who actually driven it...

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
If you base your purchasing based on what other people think, you shouldn't buy anything
Really? So you never read motoring reviews or watch youtube videos before buying a car let alone a £100,000 car that you have never driven or in fact in this case no one has ever driven? You are very brave sir!

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
It really sucks to hear that the range is super low, in fact I’m disappointed.

However I’m still going to buy a 4s. Do your homework and see if it’s worth it to you to buy! If you don’t like the range or because the trunk is too small, then don’t buy it...

Beggers can’t be choosers! I too want a low centre of gravity, 950hp, great handling, hyper car look, 4 door sedan that can fit 5 adults. For $35k.

And then can extend the back into a seven seater and rise the car and become an off-road machine.

Would also add another $10k if the wheels slid in and flippers came out and headlights fired bullets.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
It really sucks to hear that the range is super low, in fact I’m disappointed.

However I’m still going to buy a 4s. Do your homework and see if it’s worth it to you to buy! If you don’t like the range or because the trunk is too small, then don’t buy it...

Beggers can’t be choosers! I too want a low centre of gravity, 950hp, great handling, hyper car look, 4 door sedan that can fit 5 adults. For $35k.

And then can extend the back into a seven seater and rise the car and become an off-road machine.

Would also add another $10k if the wheels slid in and flippers came out and headlights fired bullets.
if you find one please DM me and ill get the same in a different colour :like:

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I will be keeping my order. I'm not planning to do road trips with the Taycan since there aren't enough trunk space for my family of 4, so I'm not worried about the range issue. While it was disappointing to see the EPA range that low, but at the end of the day, my wife and I both preferred the Taycan styling over the Model S.

I'm mainly just glad that more car manufacturers are starting to seriously produce EV, so I'm looking forward to 2025 when there's way more models to choose from. Choosing between 2 cars (I'm not counting Tesla Model 3, since it is too small of my family) isn't as fun as choosing from the plethora of ICE vehicles in the similar size.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really? So you never read motoring reviews or watch youtube videos before buying a car let alone a £100,000 car that you have never driven or in fact in this case no one has ever driven? You are very brave sir!
It isn't about being brave, it is about thinking for myself about what I want.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Yes, please, all of you should panic, run away and cancel your orders. That will move me up in the queue. I'll get mine sooner if you'll all get out of my way. Thanks, I really do appreciate it. I'll wave from my Taycan to you in your Chevy Bolt (a fine little car with lots of range). Seriously, I expect we haven't heard the last of this. Porsche thinks the numbers are wrong, and they are fighting for independent verification. Good. But still... regardless of what the [now-corrupt] EPA says, I'm still buying a Taycan. Soon. I hope. Have you all cancelled yet? <taps foot impatiently>