First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base
Country flag
Hey all -

sorry there are probably 5000x topics on this already , but my search is bringing up a ton of not relevant results - I’ll make it short then.

took my car in for 20k service and software update - had a pretty bad experience with a rude advisor - my icons are not color and it’s a 2021 model .
She insisted it had the new software and didn’t need the update , they kept my car for 5 days to do a 20k and denied update.

hiw can I verify the version ? When I Goto system and Verizon in pcn it says 3.1.14 ?

i feel like they were trying to get me to leave , said they were doing booking 6 months out ?
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Bottom line is that the pcm update is not done if you still have the grey icons. It is possible to update other components without having the pcm update. no need to check the pcm version number.

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey all -

sorry there are probably 5000x topics on this already , but my search is bringing up a ton of not relevant results - I’ll make it short then.

took my car in for 20k service and software update - had a pretty bad experience with a rude advisor - my icons are not color and it’s a 2021 model .
She insisted it had the new software and didn’t need the update , they kept my car for 5 days to do a 20k and denied update.

hiw can I verify the version ? When I Goto system and Verizon in pcn it says 3.1.14 ?

i feel like they were trying to get me to leave , said they were doing booking 6 months out ?
Press two fingers in upper right corner of PCM screen to get to maint menu.

2021 model - version 3793 - color icons etc. Visit another dealer who knows what they are doing.

Porsche Taycan Software update 2023 247D1CF5-EC6A-4498-9D04-2C01409E1EE8

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Press two fingers in upper right corner of PCM screen to get to maint menu.

2021 model - version 3793 - color icons etc. Visit another dealer who knows what they are doing.

247D1CF5-EC6A-4498-9D04-2C01409E1EE8.jpeg
That's funny, I went to two dealers for the update... Both thought they completed it. Paid no attention to the icons, just what the tester was telling them.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
That's funny, I went to two dealers for the update... Both thought they completed it. Paid no attention to the icons, just what the tester was telling them.
Uh oh, that sounds like trouble. The tester _is_ the authority here, so you may want to find a dealer/independent with a PiWiS and ask to see the "OS" version. There might be other tools (not sure if iCarsoft, for instance, speaks Taycan yet).

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Uh oh, that sounds like trouble. The tester _is_ the authority here, so you may want to find a dealer/independent with a PiWiS and ask to see the "OS" version. There might be other tools (not sure if iCarsoft, for instance, speaks Taycan yet).
Engineers from the motherland has them upgrading the testers. Waiting for the tap to come back in.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thank you !!!
Another way to check without using the two finger technique:

My 2022 RWD was built in April and came with colored icons. The software version before I got the uPdate was number 3776.

My uPdate was completed last month (dropped off Monday morning and picked up Wednesday afternoon).

Tap the Settings icon (with the gear) on the PCM screen.
Then tap System.
Then tap Software information.
Then tap Version information. I have version 3793 as shown below.

Porsche Taycan Software update 2023 1664476763316-

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
20k service??

OP
OP

Dondurito 09

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base
Country flag
20k service??
Crazy right ? I bought the car used a month back and it had 21k on it - but also had pre paid service ( don’t know what it costs )

the Service was checking wiper blades and fluids , brake and tire wear, replace pollen filter , check under labels , and last but not least , checked oil on door hinges !

good to know the friction breaks are still 9/10 on west after 20k though

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey all -

It's a lot simpler and a basic visual inspection of the PCM will tell you immediately if you have the latest uPdate

If it doesn't look like this then you don't have it!

Ordering of the icons / tiles may vary but the crucial visual clue is that they are coloured!

Sounds like your dealer is not up to speed!

Porsche Taycan Software update 2023 1666943263310

Reactions: B61

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I had the update done as well and all good first day. Then the car said it was doing an OTA update and now I cannot charge it. The profile/timers are all blank and I cannot even add new ones. Its with Porsche now but has anyone else had this issue post the update? Its annoying as the car has been perfect for the last 2 years!

Even the console shows odd things - like range but without % of charge etc..

Porsche Taycan Software update 2023 1666944840649

• Wow
Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had the update done as well and all good first day. Then the car said it was doing an OTA update and now I cannot charge it. The profile/timers are all blank and I cannot even add new ones. Its with Porsche now but has anyone else had this issue post the update? Its annoying as the car has been perfect for the last 2 years!

Even the console shows odd things - like range but without % of charge etc..

1666944840649.png
I have never seen that before.

Totally frustrating to think a software update can lead to more issues than it was intended to fix.

Looks like the software boot sequence has been interrupted leading to incomplete displays.

Random thought - have you tried using the secondary Porsche ID and keys (after locking with your primary set and leaving for 30 mins or so) - this 'method' has by chance or otherwise cleared other gremlins and probably worth a shot?

I'm guessing you've also left the car powered off and locked for a period before powering up to check?

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I have never seen that before.

Totally frustrating to think a software update can lead to more issues than it was intended to fix.

Looks like the software boot sequence has been interrupted leading to incomplete displays.

Random thought - have you tried using the secondary Porsche ID and keys (after locking with your primary set and leaving for 30 mins or so) - this 'method' has by chance or otherwise cleared other gremlins and probably worth a shot?

I'm guessing you've also left the car powered off and locked for a period before powering up to check?
Will try that when I get it back but right now its with the OPC. Thanks for the tip...

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey all -

Had two bad experiences at Porsche Retail Group dealerships in London - you would think the Porsche-owned dealers strive for higher standards, but unfortunately had the completely opposite experience. Questionable upselling tactics, borderline rude staff etc.
Sponsored