Deano

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What is going with Porsche and their software updates, just had Porsche cancel my updates saying they are taking too long and sometimes not working.
They had mine for 7 weeks due to a faulty PCM ..then this.....what the hell £118k and appalling, anyone else had enough of Porsche?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, mine was just canceled. Apparently it's too unstable and risks bricking the car according to the dealer. Sounds like the whole update could be cancelled until they sort it out.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
While sucky in terms of not getting updates, hopefully this is a Porsche-wide response to the sudden loss of power issue, which means that it has finally been acknowledged from the top and is actually resulting in fleet wide action.

I feel for you though. Having the car in the shop for that long only to have no tangible progress sucks.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There could be some dealer Taycan experts that are more capable than others. My MY2020 update took one day longer than expected (3.5 days vs. 2.5 days) but otherwise went off without any problems. Regardless though, there are a lot of problems being reported here and hopefully Porsche is working on getting their act together, and/or providing better training for their service ecosystem.

karllord

First Name
karl lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus .997 Turbo Gen2 6sp. Cayenne S
Country flag
My update was fine . Two days and working fine . Not really noticed any difference to be honest .

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same here, got it back within two days, no update issues. I think the observation that some dealers are more capable than others is true.

But, the big update is rather complex with all it prerequisites. Just look at the critical warning at the begin of https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10191749-0001.pdf

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here, got it back within two days, no update issues. I think the observation that some dealers are more capable than others is true.

But, the big update is rather complex with all it prerequisites. Just look at the critical warning at the begin of https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10191749-0001.pdf
Yes 40 pages. So much for the theory of OTA updates anytime.

Whether it is the complexity of the update or dealer training, it's still Porsche's responsibility. As to how they handle this, it will be interesting to watch.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Have a look at this thread: New Software Update Sad to say it took 4 weeks for mine, including a new PCM but everything seems to be working fine and the new software seems to be an improvement. I'm sure dealers are not too keen scheduling these anymore as the cars take space in the workshop and they have to provide a courtesy car for the duration (plus the labor & parts costs... )

lisaj5564

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
We are at one month now of our Taycan getting the software update. So glad I got a loaner when I dropped it off! I think they might be working on it again, as I am getting different notices from the porsche app. I actually had a call from Porsche yesterday as they thought the car was stolen due to something they were doing at service with the battery. I doubt it was stolen since it's totally dead from the update.
Sponsored