Sport Chrono function in the PCM missing? Do you have it?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I've never seen this in a Taycan myself, but it is available in the PCM simulator and has been since it came online, and someone posted a picture of their 2022 CT4 with it showing. It is, however, not visible in our 4S with the sport chrono package, nor has it been in any of the loaners I've had (4, 4S, CT4S, Turbo). What gives?

Porsche Taycan Sport Chrono function in the PCM missing? Do you have it? 1653220984973

Porsche Taycan Sport Chrono function in the PCM missing? Do you have it? 1653220961691

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
It's been in the simulator app since it was based on the old PCM, but I'm starting to wonder if it's only active for '22. Would be nice if someone with a '20 or '21 comes along and says they have it.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I have it - but MY22. I don’t think it has any practical use unless you are tracking the car though. I don’t think you are missing much

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
It's about the principle -- Why is this missing at all? Does Porsche feel that '21 and '20 aren't trackable?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
what kind of dedicated hardware? I'm pretty sure, it's software only for modern cars since ~10 years.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Would be weird if it required "hardware" for some time attack logging... considering the Sport Chrono option in the instrumental "cluster" does kind of the same thing.

And again, this was available on the sim site from the start.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Only hardware that the sport chrono adds on the other models, is that lap trigger wiring. This is the old school (like the hot lap timers) lap trigger. But you can still use the app/timing without the lap trigger. The only other hardware is the steering wheel stalk to use for manual lap trigger.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It's my understanding that this requires a hardware GPS that updates at 10Hz – 10 times a second – where as regular GPS hardware – which is focused on navigation – updates at 1 Hz – once per second.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure if that faster GPS antenna/hardware is available in earlier Taycan's – but it is my hunch that it is not.
Sponsored