evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
...YES! Of course even better if the car could remember it.
Its not nearly as complicated as you might like to wish it was. Move your foot back, if its not enough, just use the brake. (You were going to do that anyway, right?)

The car remembers the setting. Set it up however you want it (via the "Drive Mode" setting). You can set it differently for each of the driving modes. The car will automatically set the corresponding regen setting the way you want as you switch modes.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The car remembers the setting. Set it up however you want it (via the "Drive Mode" setting). You can set it differently for each of the driving modes. The car will automatically set the corresponding regen setting the way you want as you switch modes.
I did not come across that one! Thanks, I will give it a go!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I drive in Sport Plus with the car lowered most of the time. Moved it to Sport with a little dusting of snow last week, then to Normal when my wife was riding with me to dinner...otherwise back to Sport Plus..The earlier post got me thinking as I also have a 4S w/o Sport Chrono and my suspension settings stay with whatever I set them. Ran out to the garage to take a pic.....

DF12A059-15E3-476A-A330-9AF67C89807B.jpeg
Thanks!

I'm learning more reading this forum than driving my car. Scary! :cool:

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What is happening with the gearbox?
Normal - just in 2nd all the time?
Sport and Sport Plus 1st gear up to 65mph or so? Then up into 2nd? Dropping back to 1st at 50mph ish ?
That's what it feels like to me.
Engine:normal mode
Second until you floor it. Also first for reverse and handbrake.

Engine:sport mode
Sport pluss (CHASSI SETTING): first all the time untill you drive calmly above ca 85 km/h.
Sport (CHASSI SETTING): first all the time as above, but second kicks inn earlier. Around 65 km/h.
Normal(CHASSI SETTING: not tested

Engine:sport pluss mode
N/A and not tested

I have been doing some testing lately and was quite supprised that gearbox second gear strategy is different from sport and sport+ chassi setting(in engine sport mode). I dont have the Sport Pluss engine mode. I dont know if the gear change strategy is different for cars with and without sport chrono.

Last edited:

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Is there any reason not to drive in Sport Mode ALL the time for daily driving?

There may be a v.small range drop, but daily commute were you are not worried about range and top up daily is there any reasons not to put it in sport mode all the time, would the slightly stiffer suspension/chassis setup cause more wear and tear as an example vs. Normal mode?

Anyone have any thoughts, with the slight sharper response vs. Normal, the pre-conditioning of battery and from my perspective the ride is fine and not uncomfortable at all for daily driving is there a reason not to?
I mean if we’re being honest you don’t really need to press anything. The car performs better in normal mode than most anything else on the street 😆

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
My individual mode is set to 1) sport suspension 2) sport plus chassis 3)lowered
I love responsiveness of the throttle and steering..as well as the amplified sport sound. But by selecting the middle ground for height and mid suspension, it helps smooth the ride and keep from scraping. It’s an easy click to go full sport plus when it’s time to play or normal for a road trip.
I sacrifice 9 miles of range. Like you...it’s a daily so I could care less.
I was under the impression you can manually set up how the car uses all of its systems when selected in any drive mode [when in sport, chassis in normal, for example.]Individual mode seems to cram all of these things into one selection that can only be used when it’s selected.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I mean if we’re being honest you don’t really need to press anything. The car performs better in normal mode than most anything else on the street 😆
While I generally agree with this statement I’ve really grown to dislike the downshift from 2nd to 1st if I decide to aggressively accelerate. Now if I even remotely think I might want to get aggressive with the accelerator I throw it into sport mode to avoid that downshift at lower speeds.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
While I generally agree with this statement I’ve really grown to dislike the downshift from 2nd to 1st if I decide to aggressively accelerate. Now if I even remotely think I might want to get aggressive with the accelerator I throw it into sport mode to avoid that downshift at lower speeds.
Yeah, that downshift is clunky.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Engine:normal mode
Second until you floor it. Also first for reverse and handbrake.

Engine:sport mode
Sport pluss (CHASSI SETTING): first all the time untill you drive calmly above ca 85 km/h.
Sport (CHASSI SETTING): first all the time as above, but second kicks inn earlier. Around 65 km/h.
Normal(CHASSI SETTING: not tested

Engine:sport pluss mode
N/A and not tested

I have been doing some testing lately and was quite supprised that gearbox second gear strategy is different from sport and sport+ chassi setting(in engine sport mode). I dont have the Sport Pluss engine mode. I dont know if the gear change strategy is different for cars with and without sport chrono.
Anyone know if the chassis options (ptv+, rws, pccd) are able to go into sports plus if you don’t have the chrono package. I know that they mostly (except pccd) have a sports plus setting but don’t know if the “chassis button” can access them. I’ve got chrono and would probably spec it again since I have all the toys, but if you can get sports plus on them without chrono that would make it a tougher choice.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Anyone know if the chassis options (ptv+, rws, pccd) are able to go into sports plus if you don’t have the chrono package. I know that they mostly (except pccd) have a sports plus setting but don’t know if the “chassis button” can access them. I’ve got chrono and would probably spec it again since I have all the toys, but if you can get sports plus on them without chrono that would make it a tougher choice.
FYI, i have tried to duplicate my earlier findings in regards to second/first gear strategy, but i have not been able to do so. Not sure if something has changed or i got «tricked» when i tested it the first time.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
FYI, i have tried to duplicate my earlier findings in regards to second/first gear strategy, but i have not been able to do so. Not sure if something has changed or i got «tricked» when i tested it the first time.
I’ve got a 22 4s. It upshifts at 78 mph and downshifts at 52 mph in sport plus. I think this is different from earlier model years. I did my Porsche experience in a 21 last week and the change up was around 55 mph.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I was fooling around with having low height setting with sport chassis and drive mode. Long story short. I was getting out of the libruary and for whatever reason. My car somehow unsettled and i got the Watch your surrounding warning and a few beeps sound. Does anyone know what that is? i tried to check for any damage after, found nothing. This is driving me nuts. Will do a more detail look when the car is on my driveway.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I was fooling around with having low height setting with sport chassis and drive mode. Long story short. I was getting out of the libruary and for whatever reason. My car somehow unsettled and i got the Watch your surrounding warning and a few beeps sound. Does anyone know what that is? i tried to check for any damage after, found nothing. This is driving me nuts. Will do a more detail look when the car is on my driveway.
maybe squirrels.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
maybe squirrels.
I remember the noise of something shakes. Maybe my bumper did hit the pavement, just that it didnt leave mark. I was slow though. Maybe i should not fool around with low when i go on/off parking or driveways. Just Lift wherever. adding pic of the exit. couldnt image i was scraping ... mmm...

Porsche Taycan SPORT mode all the time? IMG_0033

Last edited: