4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality CarPlay/Spotify vs Spotify integration?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality CarPlay/Spotify vs Spotify integration?
Integrated Spotify sucks overall so I try to avoid using it. I have no idea how to control the sound quality. On the iPhone app I set the audio quality to “very high” for both Wi-Fi and cellular connections. I also connect to CarPlay via wire so the sound quality is pretty good overall.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Integrated Spotify sucks overall so I try to avoid using it. I have no idea how to control the sound quality. On the iPhone app I set the audio quality to “very high” for both Wi-Fi and cellular connections. I also connect to CarPlay via wire so the sound quality is pretty good overall.
I don’t think you need to keep CarPlay plugged in. I think it switches to Wi-Fi so it has plenty of bandwidth to run the lossless compression protocols.

I don’t think Spotify supports lossless mode however.

Bluetooth definitely does not support the bandwidth to run lossless.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I don’t think you need to keep CarPlay plugged in. I think it switches to Wi-Fi so it has plenty of bandwidth to run the lossless compression protocols.

I don’t think Spotify supports lossless mode however.

Bluetooth definitely does not support the bandwidth to run lossless.
I use wired CarPlay because CarPlay over wifi is buggy for me. It’s rock solid using a wire.
Sponsored