DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was initially going to get limestone beige. If I did, it would have been a difficult choice between standard and full leather because the limestone pleather looked pretty nice (much better than standard black pleather IMHO).

Ultimately, I selected Olea Atacama beige because I wanted a beige that had more black on doors and other surfaces. The jump in price between standard to full is much more than jump between full and Olea, so I just went for it.

Seeing the Olea Atacama in person, it looked so much more nicer than standard limestone.

Frankly, I would have gone for Full Chalk (US white) if it were my sole decision but my wife hated that for some reason. But I think I will be very happy with Atacama.

Again, Porsche wins in end giving its buyers time to noodle with configurator. I got $15k more in options than I would if I selected options at the time I placed my order. All you people here are drug dealers ("cant live without RAS." "Adaptive air is a must!")?
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Again, Porsche wins in end giving its buyers time to noodle with configurator. I got $15k more in options than I would if I selected options at the time I placed my order. All you people here are drug dealers ("cant live without RAS." "Adaptive air is a must!")?
Absolutely!
My first journey through the configurator contained everything I definitely wanted and I have added about £10k of frippery in the 4 months since...
I am pretty sure I would have been satisfied by the standard chalk/beige I originally chose and now find myself with Blackberry with Racetex headlining and B pillar and Neodyme accents and massage seats which comes to about £8k more including the mandatory extras those choices bring with them! :facepalm:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Absolutely!
My first journey through the configurator contained everything I definitely wanted and I have added about £10k of frippery in the 4 months since...
I am pretty sure I would have been satisfied by the standard chalk/beige I originally chose and now find myself with Blackberry with Racetex headlining and B pillar and Neodyme accents and massage seats which comes to about £8k more including the mandatory extras those choices bring with them! :facepalm:
I learned a new word today,”Frippery” Tks.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
how is the quality of the fake leather? Noticeable? Any regrets? In theory I’m more than ok with it (and the black pebble dash) but not being able to see it in person is challenging.
No regrets, it’s been good so far, especially cleaning and maintenance.

There isn’t any fake leather, it’s high quality plastic on the dashboard and doors used for the standard interior. Materials feel great, and no rattle.

I’ve sat in Taycans with standard and full leather, which feels nicer if you want to go for it, but wasn’t a big deal for me. I was on a budget, so used that money for the 21-inch exclusive design wheels.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
This is good to hear as adding £2500 on top of everything else had to give. £1800 for sports seats is a hit enough. Spending thousands on changing a colour is painful! You can spend fast motorbike money on just upgrading the b seats and adding stitching - this has to end!!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: