PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I too am worried about inexperienced techs pulling my dash apart and I am used to my set up with the manual column and would rather they cut me a check.

Has anyone received the second key? That seems like an easy fix.

My other open campaign is the phone charger in the center console glovebox. I would rarely use it so they can refund me $ on that feature too rather than replace.

I sent an email to my salesman a few weeks ago about the open campaigns. Did not even respond. I think we all have the pre-collision lighting issue and I was waiting to get all things resolved with one drop off.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
From what I have learned, which may be completely off the mark as I know Jack Crap about building cars, there are no components in the manual column, e.g. motors, controllers, etc. that would facilitate an easy retrofit for electronic adjustment once chips are in fact available. And so, your dealer will need to physically replace the entire column whenever Porsche coughs up the replacements. The really interesting, and frightening, part of this process (for someone such as myself that knows so little about building cars) is that the steering column is already embedded in the dash when the dash is installed in the car at the factory. This leads me to believe that steering columns are not something that are designed to be easily removed/replaced and that Porsche dealers are going to have one hell of a time making the retrofit. I am already mentally preparing myself for an extended period with a Macan loaner (I'll probably need psychotherapy if forced to spend too much time in an ICE Macan, maybe Porsche will reimburse me for therapist bills?) Alternatively, I have a conspiracy theory: It will require too much time and effort to replace the manual columns so Porsche will string us along for a while and then offer us some Taycan pen and pencil sets as compensation for the lack of electronic adjustment.
Hopefully they won't take Tesla FSD approach, where tell you nobody knows where it will be ready, then wait you out until you sell your car, after which they tell the new owner "what retrofit?".