GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
For those of you who took delivery of your car last year without the Electronic Steering Column Adjustment and were given a letter indicating it would be installed in the future, Porsche just released this statement today...

"Due to circumstances beyond Porsche's control, vehicles affected by WME3 WILL NOT BE RETROFITTED WITH AN ELECTRONIC STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT. Customers with affected vehicles will instead receive compensation. Further information regarding customer compensation will be released at a later date."

It will be interesting to see what the compensation turns out to be.
Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Came here to say the same.
Porsche Taycan Taycans affected by WME3 will NOT be retrofitted with an electronic steering column adjustment 6A872EFE-FA2F-4B0A-A321-14FB22CD1C97

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Can you return the car as it was not delivered as specified? I’d be pissed because how do they expect you to adjust steering position? Dealer visit every time??

OP
OP
GoDucksYellO

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
It's manually adjustable just not electronic, but not what I paid for so definitely disappointed. Maybe they can bump me to the front of the line for the 718 BEV when it comes out ;) and give me a discount off that purchase.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I didn’t think manual adjustment was even an option on the Taycan! Learn something new every day :)

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That's wild, I wonder what the compensation will look like. I'd have to imagine some people would just want a full refund. If I were affected, I'd probably say $10,000 or a straight up trade for a brand new identical car. It doesn't even matter how much I use the adjustments, that's crazy for a 6 figure car.

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
Can confirm. Just received my CT4S back from service today. One of the scheduled fixes was to be WME3. My SA showed me this bulletin on his computer screen and apologized! Was apparently just published on the 25th. Interested to hear what the compensation might be. Finally got my second key fob after seven months, so maybe a branded key ring to keep all these fobs organized! :CWL:

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Mine was retrofitted 2 months ago.
Those bastards! PCNA has been telling me for months that they had no idea when the parts would be available. Seems that some were indeed available. Not that it matters now, but how long were you out of service while the column was being retrofitted? My dealer indicated that the retrofit was going to be a big hairy PITA. I now suspect that Porsche has decided that it will be cheaper to cough up some token compensation rather than paying its dealers to fix the mess.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
On the face of it, I'd be terribly upset about this. I have a suspicion the true uproar will come when the compensation numbers come out. "We'll compensate you by giving you colored icons in your PCM!" ????

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
So all Taycans being built right now and in the near future will be without an electronic steering column adjustment until supply chain issues recover? That sucks. As great as the rest of the car is, sad to say that’s a dealbreaker for me.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So all Taycans being built right now and in the near future will be without an electronic steering column adjustment until supply chain issues recover? That sucks. As great as the rest of the car is, sad to say that’s a dealbreaker for me.
I didn't get that impression from this thread, but if that's the case the next words out of my mouth to the dealer would be "You have the opportunity to make me a Porsche customer for life, or someone that will directly tell everyone that talks to me about the car how I was delivered a car without a standard feature, so keep that in mind as you tell me how you want to fix this."

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have to say - for the first time - I’m starting to think about cancelling my ST GTS!
if I can‘t get the correct pedals, no GTS on the sills, manual steering adjustment, no colour on the display, no matrix lights and who knows what else will be missing What am I spending £120k on? Might as well keep the 4S now it’s got a new HV, new 2022 battery, new communication module, plus God knows what every time it’s been in the dealership. . . .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you return the car as it was not delivered as specified? I’d be pissed because how do they expect you to adjust steering position? Dealer visit every time??
Isn't there manual adjustment?
Sponsored