mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Has any received a notice describing the actual compensation (or better yet the actual compensation) we will received for NOT getting the electronic steering column we thought we had? If so, how much is it?

My dealer told me that I will be getting some kind of compensation but that was ll they knew.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did you miss the conversation on a separate thread?

I don't think anyone knows 100% but Macan owners were offered £300 apparently and so logically expect the same.

OP
OP
mikeva

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
@iross -- yeah, me also. a couple of weeks ago - after I sent my letter to Porsche -- my SA told me that he had placed an order for my second key and they would notify me when it came in but that it could take a few weeks. At that time he also told me that there would be some form of compensation but he had no idea what it was going to be.

Thus far, I have heard nothing else on the key (kind of expected since it hasn't been a "few" weeks yet) nor on the compensation.

I have not read about anyone else getting anything yet either......

iross

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank for the note. I did get the second key bought it August 21 and got the second key March of 22!
I read somewhere that the steering column comp might be $300 or $400
Given that getting black window trim costs $2,500 I would not consider that appropriate! I’ll just sit and wait just like everyone else..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank for the note. I did get the second key bought it August 21 and got the second key March of 22!
I read somewhere that the steering column comp might be $300 or $400
Given that getting black window trim costs $2,500 I would not consider that appropriate! I’ll just sit and wait just like everyone else..
$2,500 for gloss black window surrounds - gross exaggeration surely or do you mean retro fit?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Black window surrounds are £245.
Not sure without a tedious search how much an electrically adjustable steering column is on any Porsche where it is optional but the memory package for the standard seats is a £257 option.

£300 seems about right to me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Black window surrounds are £245.
Not sure without a tedious search how much an electrically adjustable steering column is on any Porsche where it is optional but the memory package for the standard seats is a £257 option.

£300 seems about right to me.
Agreed (mentioned much earlier in the post history).

You can't get the electric adjustment on it's own and is bundled with either 14 or 18 way seats.
Sponsored