Stranded by "Electrical System Failure"

Richie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, MB EQS 580
Country flag
Driving home from the Carson City Airport last night my practically new (170mi) Taycan 4S suddenly died. It put up an "Electrical System Failure, Park vehicle in a safe place" warning, lost all power, and then started to buck. I was on a narrow (no shoulder) 2-lane mountain road at the time. I managed to barely coast to a pull-out on the opposite side of the road, and waited an hour and a half for a tow. For the first hour of the wait the car was completely dead. Just before the tow truck arrived the error cleared and I was able to drive it up on the flat-bed when it arrived.

While I was waiting a friend with a code reader drove by and read the following codes: 23070, 44083, and 47038. Does anyone have a list of Taycan error codes?

Does anyone know what the issue is here? This was a really unsafe incident. If I hadn't been able to make the pull-out and had to just park in the right half of the travel lane, it is quite likely that the car would have been rear-ended during the 90-minute wait for a tow.

I am very disappointed in the lack of quality in this vehicle.

IMG_8081.jpg

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@BillD , was your car ever fixed? Despite being told my car would be ready today, the saga continues. Was told "Porsche network was down" most of the week.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
After nearly two months in the shop - awaiting a battery repair kit, and then awaiting a field-service rep to install it, I finally got my Taycan back last Thursday. So far so good.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
After nearly two months in the shop - awaiting a battery repair kit, and then awaiting a field-service rep to install it, I finally got my Taycan back last Thursday. So far so good.
happy for you! How was the repair? Do you notice any issues?
Also, how were you treated by your dealer and PCNA? communication, loaner, other perks?

I personally would've made an issue at the dealer and demanded to be placed in a same or better vehicle, or offered some compensation.

I don't expect a perfect car. It is the support and attention given while issues are handled that make or break the brand for me.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
I got a loaner Macan (not an equivalent vehicle) after about a week - when it was clear they were going to be keeping my car for a while. I have asked PCNA to extend my warranty to account for the time my car was out of service. I'm still waiting to hear back.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately my attempts at "demanding" this have not been successful.

My 2020 4S has been in for 2 months now and provided a base Macan loaner also. Currently, no ETA on when it will be ready although the replacement battery arrived last week and was told it would be ready last week which did not occur.

happy for you! How was the repair? Do you notice any issues?
Also, how were you treated by your dealer and PCNA? communication, loaner, other perks?

I personally would've made an issue at the dealer and demanded to be placed in a same or better vehicle, or offered some compensation.

I don't expect a perfect car. It is the support and attention given while issues are handled that make or break the brand for me.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Today the service manager called me to tell me the car isn't fixed. The problem occurred on their test drive. So, its not as simple as low coolant. They suspect I will need a new battery - or to have the battery repaired. In the meantime they are giving me a loaner (but not a Taycan).
How did this turn out?

NJ Taycan owner

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
JULY 2022: Taycan 2021 Cross Turismo 4 Neptune Blue. Had a 2020 Taycan Turbo also. The Cross T has had 2 "electrical failures" in the 8 months I have had it . First was 1 month after I had the car , and now just again in July 2022. Both times the car started after 40-60 minutes and I luckily drove it to the dealer (Englewood NJ). Both times nothing is wrong with the car . Nothing was done to the car at the dealer . I have told them if it dies while I am driving, they can have the car back . Also the 3rd time it has an electrical failure at rest - they can have the car back and get me a Taycan without this problem - even a dealer demo. I have emailed Porsche NA and the Porsche CEO in Germany. Shocker - NO response from either . At this price point , Porsche is an embarrassment . And I love this car . The Turbo was the sickest car I have ever driven or owned - jaw dropping .
Sponsored