notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I called the dealer today to inquire about progress and found they haven't even looked at my car yet. I'm very disappointed with Porsche Reno.
FWIW Porsche Reno has a capacity problem in the service department. Last time I checked they were scheduling service appointments 4 weeks out. This is caused by a lack of qualified mechanics (likely a fallout from COVID) and an ever growing customer base of Bay Area refugees. I believe they are addressing this, but right now it's pretty bad.
Sponsored

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
Today the service manager called me to tell me the car isn't fixed. The problem occurred on their test drive. So, its not as simple as low coolant. They suspect I will need a new battery - or to have the battery repaired. In the meantime they are giving me a loaner (but not a Taycan).
This seems like a safety concern and not an isolated issue. Hopefully its treated as a P0.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been told that my replacement battery may not arrive until late March which would mean I would be without my car for 3-4 months which I think is unacceptable. Not sure if the battery was on the ship that is on fire, but also don't understand if it was, why a new battery can't be placed on the next ship.

Please share your thoughts on what actions I should take if my car has to be in the shop for 3-4 months.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
I have been told that my replacement battery may not arrive until late March which would mean I would be without my car for 3-4 months which I think is unacceptable. Not sure if the battery was on the ship that is on fire, but also don't understand if it was, why a new battery can't be placed on the next ship.

Please share your thoughts on what actions I should take if my car has to be in the shop for 3-4 months.
I don't know what the lemon laws are in Texas. In Nevada, you would have the right to ask for a full refund after 30 days of non-operation.

In my case, I'd rather have a Taycan than a refund, but I'd like a Taycan that works reliably. My dealer is proposing to replace individual cells in the pack - rather than give me a new pack. This will keep my car out of commission for at least two months, and I'm not convinced that it is a long term fix. I'd rather have a new pack - even if it means waiting a bit longer.

The problem with a refund is that there are no cars on the lot, so it just means that I go to the end of the line and wait six months again for a car.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
Add me to the list of people to see this error now. After 6 months of worry free driving. I got in after grocery shopping to see this error. Took 5 times of lock waiting and trying again before it started as normal and got home no issues thank goodness.
Porsche Taycan Stranded by "Electrical System Failure" E29917B6-F48B-43BD-9D5A-40E09B3E36AB

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Add me to the list of people to see this error now. After 6 months of worry free driving. I got in after grocery shopping to see this error. Took 5 times of lock waiting and trying again before it started as normal and got home no issues thank goodness.
E29917B6-F48B-43BD-9D5A-40E09B3E36AB.jpeg
make sure that you report this to NTSA as well. This has to be getting up in NTSA report number that will require action.

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Mine (4s 2020)has been sitting at the dealership since Feb 1st.. after second time with this warning. First time was beginning of December and got it back Dec 30th.. said it was software related.. then happened again a month later feb 1st and just receive a call today that they are shipping a new 2021 battery over for replacement. Same service issues here.. short on Taycan techs… said a couple weeks before the battery gets here so.. off to Mexico in the meantime.. I’ll wait it out down there instead. ?

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine towed to the dealer a couple of days after yours and still there.

Have only seen this reported in the 4S models here, wondering if anyone other models have this issue

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
Mine towed to the dealer a couple of days after yours and still there.

Have only seen this reported in the 4S models here, wondering if anyone other models have this issue
Out of curiosity, do you all have the standard battery or performance battery plus?

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
'22 Turbo S (11/21) with 2K miles, just got same error getting in the car first thing in the morning. Good that my wife's X7 was available to save the day. Back 30min later, i went back in the car and there seemed to be no issues. Drove around the neighborhood for about 1.5hrs and haven't seen any issues at all - no errors/codes and full power + regen available. Tried a few lock& walk-away scenarios, as well as a 80% charge after the drive, and still seems to operate normally.

A call to the dealer was answered by a call center, with the contact info of Porsche Road Assistance, no promise for a loaner, and first available drop-off date 5 days ahead. I already have a loaner appointment scheduled for 3 weeks from now for interior alarm + WNA5 update so I'm deliberating rolling the dice and waiting out till then.

Not sure if related, but a couple of things I've noticed:
- yesterday, the annoying Smart Route suggestions were popping up a lot more often than usual. I had to dismiss perhaps 8-10 suggestions on the ride home. Normally it is just one
- The interior alarm went off yesterday evening. it's done it before though
- I've noticed before, when I idle somewhere for a longer time, say 30min while waiting to pickup the kids, all 4 of the interior screens seem to be getting quite warm but not hot to the touch. No impact to their function at all, but this doesn't seem to happen during actual driving.

I was ready to deal with "range anxiety", but not sure how I'll do with "reliability anxiety"...

Porsche Taycan Stranded by "Electrical System Failure" 1646511153345

Last edited:

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Hoping we all get our replacement batteries soon and there goes my 4S theory. I didn't have any of the behaviors you noticed.

'22 Turbo S (11/21) with 2K miles, just got same error getting in the car first thing in the morning. Good that my wife's X7 was available to save the day. Back 30min later, i went back in the car and there seemed to be no issues. Drove around the neighborhood for about 1.5hrs and haven't seen any issues at all - no errors/codes and full power + regen available. Tried a few lock& walk-away scenarios, as well as a 80% charge after the drive, and still seems to operate normally.

A call to the dealer was answered by a call center, with the contact info of Porche Road Assistance, no promise for a loaner, and first available drop-off date 5 days ahead. I already have a loaner appointment scheduled for 3 weeks from now for interior alarm + WNA5 update so I'm deliberating rolling the dice and waiting out till then.

- yesterday, the annoying Smart Route suggestions were popping up a lot more often than usual. I had to dismiss perhaps 8-10 suggestions on the ride home. Normally it is just one
- I've noticed before, when I idle somewhere for a longer time, say 30min while waiting to pickup the kids, all 4 of the interior screens seem to be getting quite warm but not hot to the touch. No impact to their function at all, but this doesn't seem to happen during actual driving.

I was ready to deal with "range anxiety", but not sure how I'll do with "reliability anxiety"...

1646511153345.png

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag

A call to the dealer was answered by a call center, with the contact info of Porsche Road Assistance, no promise for a loaner, and first available drop-off date 5 days ahead. I already have a loaner appointment scheduled for 3 weeks from now for interior alarm + WNA5 update so I'm deliberating rolling the dice and waiting out till then.

1646511153345.png
I just checked the coolant level just in case based on previous post. There is no specific mark i can see as in any other car I've had, but I can see some coolant in the reservoir so I'm gonna say it looks fine to me:

Porsche Taycan Stranded by "Electrical System Failure" 1646513736235

Porsche Taycan Stranded by "Electrical System Failure" 1646513793630

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
One other update - I went out to test fast charge. Was able to charge pretty well to 95% at EA. Plug& charge worked great too. Have not observed any issues since the first incident.
Sponsored