TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
So, today when starting the car, it stated "electrical system failure" and service needed.
The battery showed --% and yet it had power for the PCM.
I was able to get this cleared after about 25min of starting/stopping and shutting down/up and after a longer wait time it went away.
Has anyone got this? Is this related to the power failure while driving?
Obviously, I will be taking it in to the service department, but I have to go on a flight tomorrow and really don't want to get stuck in the garage for a half-hour in the morning, and/or get caught traveling and have this happen, or get back from the flight and have this happen in the parking garage. I am going to see if they have a loaner today to drop the Taycan off with them to look at, but still interested to see if anyone has had this on start-up?
I tried a search, but nothing came up and wondering if this is a new issue?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
So, today when starting the car, it stated "electrical system failure" and service needed.
The battery showed --% and yet it had power for the PCM.
I was able to get this cleared after about 25min of starting/stopping and shutting down/up and after a longer wait time it went away.
Has anyone got this? Is this related to the power failure while driving?
Obviously, I will be taking it in to the service department, but I have to go on a flight tomorrow and really don't want to get stuck in the garage for a half-hour in the morning, and/or get caught traveling and have this happen, or get back from the flight and have this happen in the parking garage. I am going to see if they have a loaner today to drop the Taycan off with them to look at, but still interested to see if anyone has had this on start-up?
I tried a search, but nothing came up and wondering if this is a new issue?
have you had the amb5 recall fix applied? probably a good start to fix this.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
have you had the amb5 recall fix applied? probably a good start to fix this.
No, I had an appointment later in the month for this (see my other thread about wait times for service appointments).
The good news is that they drove a loaner out to my house this afternoon and took the car from me, so I don't have to worry about the flight tomorrow morning. They are going to look at this, install the new update and fix my drivers-side seat ventilation that stopped working as well. They think they will have it all completed by the time I get back from my business trip.
This is all good news and really pleased that they took this seriously and made the trip to me and didn't even ask me to drive it in and worry about the power going out on the way.
The loaner is a base RWD taycan, so I get to experience what the RWD's are like. I already don't like the ride height as it doesn't have air-suspension, but it does have the electric motor sound (which I did not spec) and to be honest, I sort of dig it!
I will keep you updated on what the issue was, but guessing it is related to the update. Still curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This error is not related to AMB5 and if the dealer says the only thing they did is the AMB5 update then they did not resolve the root cause.
I hope they find out what is really causing it.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Re Driver Seat Ventilation
What was the problem? My car is in the workshop for this now and they told me its a software or programming issue???
Thanks!

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@TT459S perhaps I did this when cleaning the car, but have them check the plug to the fan....mine got disconnected and they suspect it is not long enough when you put the seat all the way front or back. Good luck!

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@TT459S perhaps I did this when cleaning the car, but have them check the plug to the fan....mine got disconnected and they suspect it is not long enough when you put the seat all the way front or back. Good luck!
Just to confirm, was the car in an inoperable state potentially because of the plug disconnect for ventilated seats? That seems like a pretty extreme failure for such a mundane issue if so, and I'd hope this is something Porsche would rectify in software updates with either better alerted, or not causing the entire car to be inoperable in a similar failure (if it wasn't working at all like others have reported)

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@iamfrozt this was never implied from the service tech, nor was it mentioned as a potential cause for the power issue. At this point, I am chalking it up to two independent problems hitting at the same time....non-related.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to know. Thank you very much. I'm brushing up on all the issues/recalls etc, so apologies for the questions. I take delivery of mine finally in 1 to 3 weeks depending on dealer preparation timeline and I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared with knowledge for any issues I may run into as I'm getting used to it.

Thanks again!
Sponsored