Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
After recent update I have noticed a strange braking issue. When braking the brake seems to work then it sinks a further few inches without any braking torque. If you push further then it seem to slow down. But not as fast as normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Random

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, BMW 225Xe, taycan 4S
Country flag
After recent update I have noticed a strange braking issue. When braking the brake seems to work then it sinks a further few inches without any braking torque. If you push further then it seem to slow down. But not as fast as normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Hi. I’ve noticed that, every morning, recuperation is disconnected for a few brake applications. The result is a weaker braking torque than expected. After some braking applications the recuperation comes back and then you can feel the brake pedal much more sensitive.
I gees it is related to prevent oxidation ok brakes.
Don’t sure if we are talking about same thing.

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
I had a new taycan RWD delivered last week ; really happy with car; but the brakes do feel a little sluggish - I have to press them fairly firmly to get a response ; not sure if this is the same problem?

Random

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, BMW 225Xe, taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a new taycan RWD delivered last week ; really happy with car; but the brakes do feel a little sluggish - I have to press them fairly firmly to get a response ; not sure if this is the same problem?
Did you noticed if recuperation is acting (green arc when braking). Mine was disabled for the first 800Km or so. This is done for brakes bending. The day recuperation comes to live you will feel the brake response stronger.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it happens after driving for 30 minutes or so. I do recognise that mechanical braking as I reverse out of my driveway every morning. Recuperation is available to me after first mechanical brake

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I had that when I first got mine. I think a few people have reported that but they do seem to settle down and improve. I thought mine were terrible to start with.

having said that, I wouldn’t say they’re the best feeling brakes ever in every day use, but if you do need to stamp on the pedal they definitely work very well!

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
My brakes are definitely performing differently since the update. My2020 turbo. They are softer and less positive. The feel like sponge sometimes.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I feel the same. I preferred the brake feel before the update. They were more progressive and confidence-inspiring, in my opinion. Now they feel grabby.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I only got the update last week, not much driving, but so far, I have the feeling that it is less consistent than before.

New experience: I was softly breaking while driving over a fixed metal sheet and the recup breaking instantly switched off and the friction breaking came alive. Really strange feeling for a split second...

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi tots, how’s it going. I feel something different to ( and definitely not better) since the update. I notice that at very low speeds, less than 5mph the pedal travels much further,I am sure it didn’t use to do that. They appear to have programmed the brake pedal blend ( between regen and mechanical) slightly differently which gives an inconsistent feel.it would be good to understand the programming logic of what has changed

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I notice that at very low speeds, less than 5mph the pedal travels much further,I am sure it didn’t use to do that. They appear to have programmed the brake pedal blend ( between regen and mechanical) slightly differently which gives an inconsistent feel.it would be good to understand the programming logic of what has changed
I have to come in slowly to my garage as I have an angle and narrow clearance to negotiate. A few times now, coming in at low speeds has resulted in that mushy pedal mushy. It is extremely inconsistent, I will go a couple of weeks with no recurrence then suddenly scare the crap out of me as I’m about to hit a brick wall!!!! I’ve had it a couple of times when backing out of parking spaces as well. The only consistency is low speed. I came on here tonight to search for exactly this issue. Did any of you take it back to servicing? Did you get any resolution? Does it just disappear for long periods like mine so you think it’s all in your head and then BOHICA!?

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I haven’t reported it yet as I keep thinking it’s in my news but it definitely isn’t… I’ve nearly rear ended others cars at slow speeds because the breaks don’t respond, feel spongey and the pedal travels further

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm only a few days into ownership but I've noticed the same thing, or at least what I think is the same thing, when pulling into my parking spot which has a wall about 2 feet in front of the parking block. I'll initially pull in a conservative amount, then let up the brake a bit to let the car coast inch forward a bit. It seems to push forward more than I expect and I have to suddenly press the brake harder as it feels like I risk hitting the wall (though might not be possible because of the parking block).

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi tots, how’s it going. I feel something different to ( and definitely not better) since the update. I notice that at very low speeds, less than 5mph the pedal travels much further,I am sure it didn’t use to do that. They appear to have programmed the brake pedal blend ( between regen and mechanical) slightly differently which gives an inconsistent feel.it would be good to understand the programming logic of what has changed
You get used to it Russ, but for the first few weeks I hated it snd thought there was something wrong with the brakes. It still catches me out sometimes when I brake hard into a country corner and feel I’m not slowing down enough. Car going back in on Monday for some warranty work so I’ll be asking them to check then.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61